Education Management Corporation

www.edmc.edu
  www.edmc.edu
There are newer employer reviews for Education Management Corporation

Working for a school that is partly owned by an investment bank is an exercise in contradictions

Current Employee - Instructor in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Instructor in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Education Management Corporation part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good toys for teachers and opportunities for teaching experiences

Cons

elimination of as many positions and benefits as possible

Education for profit- Really? Maximizing profit and maximizing education can be mutually exclusive at times. Which master will you follow?

330 Other Employee Reviews for Education Management Corporation (View Most Recent)

Good Part time job

I have been working at Education Management Corporation part-time

Pros

Hours are good and fun

Cons

Hard to get additional classes

Be sure to understand for-profit education

Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Education Management Corporation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working with prospective students and families and helping them to achieve school/career goals was very rewarding. The admissions team was a dynamic mixture of people that I will likely never find anywhere else. I worked specifically for the art institutes and loved the degree programs and felt good about the education that was being offered to the students I was enrolling.

Cons

application and student enrollment goals put a lot of pressure of supervisors and president. I sometimes felt that it was all about numbers and not really about the students. the tuition is ridiculously high and in most cases students will leave school with mounds of debt. career statics are disclosed but in my opinion the averages were too low. although many students got jobs after graduation, the average salary was about $26 while program tuition was above $86. the company also hires third party vendors to give contact information for ADAs to call. These "inquires" are often not really interested in the school they were merly applying for jobs and their information was forwarded to the school. these kinds of inquires can be difficult to deal with and can be discouraging.

focus on longterm goals not just making the next months start goal. keep the quality of education the top priority and the applications will come.

There are newer employer reviews for Education Management Corporation