There are newer employer reviews for Education Management Corporation

Great job under the right department and manager.

Former Employee - Recovery Specialist in Greentree, PA
Former Employee - Recovery Specialist in Greentree, PA

I worked at Education Management Corporation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great pay, great co-workers, generous paid holidays. high earning potential by reaching collecting goal each month.

Cons

Dishonest management, too many frequent layoffs, lack of respect for non managerial employees time and previous accomplishments. They only allow 10 mins breaks, demands nearly 200 calls a day in an 8 hour work shift, with a monthly goal of collecting larger amounts of money ranging from 15k-100k. They have a system where if you do not hit you monthly goal in four months they will terminate your employment, stating your not meeting thiere performance goals. In addition at any point in your journey whether your a long time successful employee or not they can tell you they have to terminate your employment due to "things not working out" "budget cuts" and also "combination termination". Its a very unstable workplace to try to build a family or . You can only really financially plan your future 3 months at a time working here.

Treat your employees like people not robots.

reviews filtered by
  1. Worst job of my career.

I worked at Education Management Corporation

Pros

Decent pay for entry level positions.

Cons

Focus on sales and numbers. I worked for the "Art Institute" branch of EDMC. The Associate Directors of Admission positions were a total joke. While this is really a completely entry level sales position, the title is inflated in an effort to convince unsuspecting student targets that they're speaking to a higher up in the organization. There is a focus on getting NUMBERS of students enrolled and no focus whatsoever on the quality of those students. This is an online school, and ADAs are encouraged to convince people to enroll, even knowing that those individuals don't have (and can't afford computers).

2. Learned a great deal unfortunately my position was eliminated

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pitts, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pitts, PA

I worked at Education Management Corporation full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible work environment, ability to work from home and also flexible for work hours. Office was close to my home 15 minutes away.

Cons

Did not have the ability to move forward in technology to enhance my job skills and career with in EDMC. Management overlooked me to get training to widen my skill set.

There are newer employer reviews for Education Management Corporation