There are newer employer reviews for Education Management Corporation

Good place to work for the right person not for everyone

Current Employee - Admissions Representative in Pitts, PA
Current Employee - Admissions Representative in Pitts, PA

I have been working at Education Management Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Tuition assistance, opportunities to advance, good base salary

Cons

no bonus or commissions, constant change internally, convencing people in their 30-40's on average to go to college... Long days in the office to hit goal...

Advice to Management

Higher focus on employee relationships not just studenet relationships, many employees feel unaapreciated by management

Other Employee Reviews for Education Management Corporation

The most stressful work place EVER

Former Employee - Recovery Specialist in Greentree, PA
    Former Employee - Recovery Specialist in Greentree, PA

I worked at Education Management Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The was good and my co workers were amazing.

Cons

The money was there to be made however you had to hit a very high goal and collect a lot of money to obtain your goal. The money is only made if you exceed the goal that was set for you. The stress there is through the roof because you come in everyday wondering if your the next "white box" that's gonna walk through the revolving door. Nobody that I worked with had spent several years with the company because they fire you after throwing you to the wolves. They have no official training. You get a huge binder loaded with instructions and laws and you sit with another rep for two days. Then your off to the races regardless of how you feel about it. I was fired for not reaching my goal that was set for a month. However the month previous I hit my goal and exceeded it. The following month is the month I didn't hit, nobody on my brand hit their goal but I was the lucky one to get the white box and be escorted out the door. Now policy had read that if you do no hit your goal for 3 consecutive months then you would be let go. So all in all. They do whatever they want whenever they want. Absolutely the worst place I have ever worked in my life. Ive never felt more stressed going to work everyday and wondering how long I would work there. It's stressful knowing I was let go but it's honestly a blessing. My advice, do not work there. You will hate it.

Advice to Management

Somebody needs to do something. There is no ethics in this company. Absolutely disgusting how this company is ran and I don't give it too many more years before it tanks if there isn't huge changes made!!!!!!!

2. This is a good company to work for!!!

Pros

-great training -working environment is awesome -helpful staff and faculity

Cons

-High turnover in admission and other departments

Advice to Management

-Be open to try new techniques to attract potential student -Always be honest in your success factor reviews and eliminate favoritism