Education Management Corporation

www.edmc.edu

Business Analyst - Bottom up review.

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsCompany is a much better place to work than I expected. People are smart and care about the educational mission. There is significant opportunity at EDMC for those driven and willing to accept responsibility. The company desperately needs people who can execute and are committed to seeing things through. If that's you, there your options are vast.

ConsLimited collaboration across business units or functional areas. There are strong personalities in senior/middle management who 'know what's best and to hell with the rest'. The company is moving toward data-driven decision making but needs strong advocates to push this along.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo be successful the company needs to break down silos and encourage collaboration. There are too many line drawn between functional groups (IT and 'The Business') as well as the individual ed systems ('The Brands').

Great

I have been working at Education Management Corporation

Pros: Work hours. People. Environment. Cons: Zero. I thought everything about this company was pretty great. Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work. More

It put food on the table

Admissions Representative (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Education Management Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros: -Friendly Coworkers -Great pay for the kind of job -Decent training Cons: -No room for creativity -Boring robotic work after you're molded into the kind of machine EDMC-OHE wants you to be -slimey sales tactics - for example their… Advice to Senior Management: Have a heart. Don't be numbers driven, if your biggest concern is having a quality… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Education Management Corporation.

Worked for Education Management Corporation? Contribute to the Community!