Education Management Corporation

www.edmc.edu
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Education Management Corporation

This job has been interesting and rewarding at times but overall is enough to give you a nervous breakdown!

Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA
Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Education Management Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Interesting projects, opportunities to develop solutions that make coworkers tasks more efficient and less challenging, opportunities to work with cutting edge technologies and innovative business process improvements.

Cons

Work-life balance is pathetic. More and more positions are being cut because the company has financial issues. However, the demand continues to grow as upper management pretends that we are not in trouble and continues investments in new products and services.

Please choose one road or the other. Either we are downsizing in which case we need to stop all investments and implementations and just keep up with what we have, OR, we are going all in to turn this company around and get back to profits. You cannot continue to cut IT groups in half while INCREASING the workload. This philosophy is simply burning out the great employees and we can only do this for so long without giving up.

356 Other Employee Reviews for Education Management Corporation (View Most Recent)

A company in major transition

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Education Management Corporation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This company does provide a decent salary with a good amount of PTO. The 401K match is also the highest that I have seen.

Cons

There are going to be more layoffs this year. The environment is not stable and there is no growth.

Great Corporate Support and Friendly Work Environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Education Management Corporation full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Ethical and talented group of employees. Time-off policies are employee friendly. Compensation was very competitive. The training was outstanding.

Cons

Work-life balance not ideal. Declining enrollment and increased competition from less-expensive online universities created widespread workforce reductions.

True transparency throughout the organization should be key to employee engagement and talent management!

There are newer employer reviews for Education Management Corporation