There are newer employer reviews for Education Management Corporation

Neutral

I have been working at Education Management Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Management is great and tries their best to keep the team satisfied.

Cons

Company focuses on and places more value into enrollment/admissions as opposed to Academic Counseling/Advising so that we can retain our best employees as well as see our students persist.

Upper management seems disconnected, at times I feel that the people making the decisions at the top really need to consult with employees for best practices.

316 Other Employee Reviews for Education Management Corporation (View Most Recent)

Great Corporate Support and Friendly Work Environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Education Management Corporation full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Ethical and talented group of employees. Time-off policies are employee friendly. Compensation was very competitive. The training was outstanding.

Cons

Work-life balance not ideal. Declining enrollment and increased competition from less-expensive online universities created widespread workforce reductions.

True transparency throughout the organization should be key to employee engagement and talent management!

Business Analyst - Bottom up review.

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Education Management Corporation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Company is a much better place to work than I expected. People are smart and care about the educational mission. There is significant opportunity at EDMC for those driven and willing to accept responsibility. The company desperately needs people who can execute and are committed to seeing things through. If that's you, there your options are vast.

Cons

Limited collaboration across business units or functional areas. There are strong personalities in senior/middle management who 'know what's best and to hell with the rest'. The company is moving toward data-driven decision making but needs strong advocates to push this along.

To be successful the company needs to break down silos and encourage collaboration. There are too many line drawn between functional groups (IT and 'The Business') as well as the individual ed systems ('The Brands').

There are newer employer reviews for Education Management Corporation