There are newer employer reviews for Education Management Corporation

Not a good place to work

Current Employee - National Admissions Representative in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - National Admissions Representative in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Education Management Corporation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

EDMC does pay well and offers a fair benefits package in most cases.

Cons

The industry is facing enormous issues, coming under scrutiny from the federal government. EDMC's priorities are profits, not students which can be a difficult moral dilemma for employees. In most cases, there is not room for growth or personal contribution to the company.

314 Other Employee Reviews for Education Management Corporation (View Most Recent)

This job has been interesting and rewarding at times but overall is enough to give you a nervous breakdown!

Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Education Management Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Interesting projects, opportunities to develop solutions that make coworkers tasks more efficient and less challenging, opportunities to work with cutting edge technologies and innovative business process improvements.

Cons

Work-life balance is pathetic. More and more positions are being cut because the company has financial issues. However, the demand continues to grow as upper management pretends that we are not in trouble and continues investments in new products and services.

Please choose one road or the other. Either we are downsizing in which case we need to stop all investments and implementations and just keep up with what we have, OR, we are going all in to turn this company around and get back to profits. You cannot continue to cut IT groups in half while INCREASING the workload. This philosophy is simply burning out the great employees and we can only do this for so long without giving up.

A company in major transition

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Education Management Corporation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This company does provide a decent salary with a good amount of PTO. The 401K match is also the highest that I have seen.

Cons

There are going to be more layoffs this year. The environment is not stable and there is no growth.

There are newer employer reviews for Education Management Corporation