There are newer employer reviews for Education Management Corporation

Great place to learn and advance your skill set

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Education Management Corporation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

With such a wide range of products / projects being worked on at any given moment, there is so much to learn. You'll be a better person just 6 months into working here if you are motivated and willing to learn.

I will and have recommended friends and family to work here, as I see first hand just what experience can be gained from this business.

Cons

With the current political administration's attacks on for profit education, it's hard to say where we are going currently and where we will stand in the next coming years.

Be more engaged with employees in keeping them in the loop at where the company projects are going and how it'll benefit the company. All to often projects happen with no understanding of what and why it's happening.

reviews filtered by
  1. Neutral

I have been working at Education Management Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Management is great and tries their best to keep the team satisfied.

Cons

Company focuses on and places more value into enrollment/admissions as opposed to Academic Counseling/Advising so that we can retain our best employees as well as see our students persist.

Upper management seems disconnected, at times I feel that the people making the decisions at the top really need to consult with employees for best practices.

Great Corporate Support and Friendly Work Environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Education Management Corporation full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Ethical and talented group of employees. Time-off policies are employee friendly. Compensation was very competitive. The training was outstanding.

Cons

Work-life balance not ideal. Declining enrollment and increased competition from less-expensive online universities created widespread workforce reductions.

True transparency throughout the organization should be key to employee engagement and talent management!

There are newer employer reviews for Education Management Corporation