Education Management Corporation

www.edmc.edu
  www.edmc.edu
There are newer employer reviews for Education Management Corporation

Try it if you are young and unmarried

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Education Management Corporation

Pros

Great mission of eucating pople who need it

Cons

Under resourced with high expectations

Be realistic with expectations with current funding and resources available. People are starting to get burnt out because management cannot set priorities. If we were in a different market, say Silicon Valley, people would be jumping ship in great numbers.

330 Other Employee Reviews for Education Management Corporation (View Most Recent)

Good Place to Work...For Now

Current Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Education Management Corporation

Pros

They seem to hire mostly good, smart people. It is a pleasure working with my team. My direct manager is one of the best in the company.

Cons

Selling poor people $80,000 dollar educations isn"t exactly the most moral thing I could be doing. It seams that students would be saddled with debt for a long time.

Work on empowering the people who make you money. These are your bread and butter. Don't treat them like morans.

EDMC................Good Luck!

Former Employee - Human Resources in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Education Management Corporation

Pros

Developed alot of long lasting relationships across all departments. Experience working in a fast paced environment. Free education to any of their diploma-mill colleges.

Cons

Leadership is self-absorbed and feel as if staff is expendable. They have over 100% turn-over rate each year. It is basically a new University of Phoenix as our CEO and President decided to hire all their old friends from Apollo Group. EDMC is about who you know and what you can prove., not how you perform in your role.

Talent is not rewarded and there is no advancement opportunities as they hire externally for all their leadership positions. They stand up and preach about how they have the students best interests in mind and then immediately contradict themselves by stating how much growth and revenue we have generated. Employee raises are typically 1-2%, but if your in leadship you will get a 170% of your bonus.

There is no equity in the positions. If you know someone here and get hired you will typically make $15,000-$20,000 more than others in the same position who didn't know anyone.

In short if you used to work for Apollo or you good friends are Hiring Managers your set, if not I would look at other opportunities.

It is time for a change in your thought process. You can only work your employees like this for so long before it will blow up in your face. When the economy turns there will be a mass-exodus.

There are newer employer reviews for Education Management Corporation