Education Management Corporation
www.edmc.edu Pittsburgh, PA 5000+ Employees

Industry troubles, but best in the industry

I have been working at Education Management Corporation

ProsHigher education industry is in Obama's radar which creates unnecessary challenges. There is a concerted effort to ensure compliance. Does not seem to be a major shift in core values, just a lot of extra work to satisfy regulatory agencies.

Strong leadership. Profitable. Growing.

ConsFast growth can generate concerns over whether there is a good vision and direction. The company is still in the middle of a culture change from a big small-company to a big big-company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the communication and visibility among all employees to stay informed. In the information age, everyone wants to know about everything.

Changing Times

Management (Former Employee)

I worked at Education Management Corporation

Pros: Fellow employees were a real plus; a team attitude existed. Some… Cons: Changed to privately held in 2006; new managers and leaders came in. Changes were not all… Advice to Senior Management: Treat employees more fairly and equitably. Don't use the recession… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

A nightmare from the first day.

Assistant Director of Admissions (Current Employee)

I have been working at Education Management Corporation

Pros: The employees are diverse and are from all walks of life. When… Cons: There is such a huge turnover that the company can't keep track of the employees (the first day I was placed in the wrong training… Advice to Senior Management: For as big as this company is, the management lacks in most areas. The new hire training is based on "overcoming student objections" rather than… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Education Management Corporation.

Worked for Education Management Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Education Management Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Education Management Corporation CEO Edward H. West. All reviews posted anonymously by Education Management Corporation employees.