Education Management Corporation

www.edmc.edu

I feel I was overpaid to talk students into $100,000 worth of debt in a couple hours time.

Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee) Lenexa, KS

ProsThey take care of the top performers. It is a large growing company so room for advancement if you are a top performer and they like you. Each school has different management and is going to be a different situation.

ConsIt is hard to know that you are potentially ruining people's lives and credit because they are not going to be able to pay those loans back most of the time because they aren't really sure what payments they've signed up for after graduation. Management was not incredibly bright, they were just good salespeople. My particular position was similar to a role in a call center.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more fair and stop operating solely off of your own agenda. Don't make it obvious if you're operating a good ol' boys club. Also, let people have a lunch. They are more effective if they can take a break and then get back to work.

Fast paced environment with a lot of rapid change.

Process Engineer (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Education Management Corporation

Pros: Fast growing company, a lot of change, new initiatives as… Cons: Inexperienced executive management. No real focus on best practices for operational… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your people, promote those who can foster new ideas, and… More

Industry troubles, but best in the industry

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Education Management Corporation

Pros: Higher education industry is in Obama's radar which creates unnecessary challenges. There is a concerted effort to ensure compliance. Does not… Cons: Fast growth can generate concerns over whether there is a good vision and direction. The company… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the communication and visibility among all employees to stay… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Education Management Corporation.

Worked for Education Management Corporation? Contribute to the Community!