Education Management Corporation

disappointing

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at Education Management Corporation

Pros

Tuition assistance programs, benefits, good work atmosphere

Cons

Too large of an organization-- I felt that my accomplishments were praised at a local-level, but the board of directors and management team at a corporate-level were only focused on the bottom line. Projected growth was decided at a national-level without taking the time to research the local market, resulting in frustrated employees, low morale and high turnover.

Listen to feedback from employees-- people want to be part of something great and will be motivated to work harder if they feel they are being listened to. Having over-worked employees, who feel the goals they are working towards are not achievable, results in those employees going out in the community and speaking negatively about their work environment.

334 Other Employee Reviews for Education Management Corporation (View Most Recent)

nightmare

Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Education Management Corporation

Pros

if you need a job they will hire you.

Cons

high pressure sales to prospective college students. they lie. good leads and students signing up on own go to favorites. they will take away your your good leads and give you old overworked ones.

are you aware of the corruption going on in the sales department???

I feel I was overpaid to talk students into $100,000 worth of debt in a couple hours time.

Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions in Lenexa, KS
    Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions in Lenexa, KS

I worked at Education Management Corporation

Pros

They take care of the top performers. It is a large growing company so room for advancement if you are a top performer and they like you. Each school has different management and is going to be a different situation.

Cons

It is hard to know that you are potentially ruining people's lives and credit because they are not going to be able to pay those loans back most of the time because they aren't really sure what payments they've signed up for after graduation. Management was not incredibly bright, they were just good salespeople. My particular position was similar to a role in a call center.

Be more fair and stop operating solely off of your own agenda. Don't make it obvious if you're operating a good ol' boys club. Also, let people have a lunch. They are more effective if they can take a break and then get back to work.

There are newer employer reviews for Education Management Corporation