Education Management Corporation
www.edmc.edu Pittsburgh, PA 5000+ Employees

A true learning experience and an eye opener to the type of conditions I don't want to work in.

Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

ProsIf you like to move your desk over 20 times in less than a year you will be extremely happy, along with being comfortable with mice running around your feet.

ConsI wholeheartedly agree with this review posted by a former EDMC employee:

"Cons

1. EDMC is like a black hole that sucks people in - have you ever seen the tv shows where thousands of employees, all looking alike, walk into work each day....heads down, frowning, hating life? WELCOME to life in the strip distctirct, PGH headquarters for EDMC. Every morning at 9am, the Strip District becomes jam packed with cars, there are 20 year olds swarming the building everywhere.

2. It is very difficult to find a job once you are employed by EDMC. Luckily I had worked at other companies before going there- so it helped my resume when I went to interviews. However, most interviews I went on, I was questioned about EDMC and what I thought about their ethical practices. I also recieved the same grimmace and "ohhh, you work at EDMC...hmm - we know all about them." It took me appx 1 year to find employment outside of that comapny. I was passed up for jobs I was over-qualified for, all becuase of my assoc with that company. I am thankful daily that I got out.

3. You are treated horribly. Not once, ever...does managment Thank you for your services to them. Nope - they are all about more, more, more, more. In the Finance department, the only goals that were ever set were about talk time, talk time, talk time. They treated us as if we worked at a call center. Numbers are thrown around daily, along with the usual "YOU AREN'T DOING ENOUGH". As soon as you hit your "goals" they increased! Mgmt does not recognize that as a finance counselor, we had other duties and processes, along with all the excel spreadsheets that needed to be completed.

4. Final word of adivce..Stay far, far AWAY! You will never get promoted unless you know someone, you will be at work from 8-8, be forced to work 1-2 saturdays a month, constantly told you're not doing good enough - along with threats of discplinary actions, and you will watch the revolving door swing, bc no one in their right mind willingly stays employed there.
Advice to Senior Management
Change your ways or you will face losing all of your employees, and your reputation will continue to decline. Something is not right at that company (as in, they are in trouble and I believe its only a matter of time before they close their doors for good)."

Advice to Senior ManagementStop putting students in college that have no place being in college. You are getting students approved for financial assistance that will almost immediately drop out and default on their loans. EDMC is a money maker for GoldmanSachs.

disappointing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Portland, OR

I worked at Education Management Corporation

Pros: Tuition assistance programs, benefits, good work atmosphere Cons: Too large of an organization-- I felt that my accomplishments were praised at a local-level, but the board of directors and management team at a… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to feedback from employees-- people want to be part of something great and will be motivated to work harder if they feel they are… More

nightmare

Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee)
    Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Education Management Corporation

Pros: if you need a job they will hire you. Cons: high pressure sales to prospective college students. they lie. good leads and students signing up on… Advice to Senior Management: are you aware of the corruption going on in the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Education Management Corporation.

Worked for Education Management Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Education Management Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Education Management Corporation CEO Edward H. West. All reviews posted anonymously by Education Management Corporation employees.