Education Sales Management

There are newer employer reviews for Education Sales Management

Employed by ESM

Current Employee - Education Consultant  in  Westminster, CO
Current Employee - Education Consultant in Westminster, CO

I have been working at Education Sales Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

By far the best, least stressful job I've ever had. I've been with the company for almost 2 years and have never had any problems. I suppose the stress level depends on how well you are able to deal with getting yelled at on the phone by some people, but for me it's not an issue, I deal well with upset people and don't let it get to me. Also there are very nice people you deal with daily who you are able to help which makes it worth getting yelled at a few times. I've been working for 15 years and have had done everything from waitress to bookkeeping to an Executive Assistant position making $20+ an hour, and would trade that pay any day to have the stress free, enjoyable work environment and caring management I have now.

They told me at the beginning of my employment that one of their priorities was keeping employees happy and creating a fun work environment, and that they understood the importance of family. They have proved all of those things to me repeatedly. I've had a couple of changes in leadership on my account since I started, and every team lead I've had has been great. They are always there to help if you need them, very understanding when you have sicknesses or family issues and give you plenty of PTO time to handle those issues. The 'micromanagement' I've seen some reviews speak of is just monthly coaching sessions to help you be the best you can be at your job. I appreciate it and like being told I'm doing a good job when I am, and learning what I can improve when needed. My team leads are constantly telling me when I do a good job rather than just when I am doing something wrong.

Probably the best part of my job is that after only a couple of months I was allowed to work remotely from home full time, which is the best thing that could've happened to me as a single mother. I appreciate being able to get my child to school, start work, then be here when he gets home, any parent knows how important that is and how much easier it makes life for not just you but your child.

Another thing some complain about is the schedule changes that occur occasionally, shift bids. They do this to accommodate for changing times of year that the client is busy or slow. It is sometimes a little inconvenient, however sometimes you have to make small sacrifices when prioritizing, and as much as I enjoy all of the other aspects of this job, it's a small price to pay to have to change my work schedule around now and then.

I've also seen some complaints on here about pay, however for what we do, we make decent money. The job really isn't difficult. As far as benefits, the medical is a little pricey, but who's isn't these days? I personally love being employed here and if you come to work here and try hard, have good work ethic and a positive attitude, which is something you should do in life in general anyway, you will love working here. I am extremely grateful for the friend who referred me to ESM and to everyone I've worked with and for here.

Cons

I have no complaints about working for this company.

25 Other Employee Reviews for Education Sales Management (View Most Recent)

Great Company, great people.

Current Employee - Purchasing Associate  in  Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Purchasing Associate in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Education Sales Management part-time for less than a year

Pros

Management is great. Employees are great as well.

Cons

Not really much to complain about. No cons.

Decent Pay-- No potential

Former Employee - Sylvan Learning Center Consultant  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Sylvan Learning Center Consultant in Denver, CO

I worked at Education Sales Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people I worked with were nice enough. Expectations were realistic. Coaching was adequate.

Cons

If you slip and fall in their parking lot while 8 months pregnant, you're pretty much out of luck. I was in the ICU for 12 hours, overnight, because they didn't adequately de-ice their parking lot. I was granted workers comp, but no compensation for the 4 days of work I missed because my back went out when I slipped and fell on ice in their parking lot. Then, when you try to go back to work after your FMLA is up and they don't have a job for you- I guess you're out of luck too. My office moved from Westminster, down to Highlands Ranch, then over to Parker when I tried to return to work. Not only did my office move, but they told me my position was no longer available and I'd have to take a pay cut to keep my job (which I believe is illegal). It was a huge problem for me. I had a newborn, my position was no longer convenient to drive to (it would have been nearly an hour drive to get to work), and they wanted to pay me less and force me into a different type of position (no commission potential). I argued that what they were doing wasn't right, and their response was to tell me, "I'll accept this as your resignation." Not only did they screw me out of my position and pay upon my attempted return from FMLA, they then tried to fight my unemployment claim. I had to ask for a second hearing to get the initial decision overturned.

Learn better management techniques, and keep your promises to your employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Education Sales Management

Worked for Education Sales Management? Contribute to the Community!