EducationWorks

www.educationworks-online.org
Unclaimed Profile
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for EducationWorks

Striving to help students in a truly struggling urban school district.

Former Employee - Program Facilitator in Philadelphia, PA
Former Employee - Program Facilitator in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at EducationWorks part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great students and coworkers. Excellent work experience in the education field.

Cons

Effected by bureaucratic school district. High turnover rate among coworkers and staff.

reviews filtered by
  1. A JOKE!!!!

I have been working at EducationWorks

Pros

Easy to get a job

Cons

This company is a joke. Everyone is a Director of "something"! Those in charge are completely incompetent, unprofessional and a poor reflection of this company's mission. They walk around with iphone and ipads and don't have a clue as to what going on with its programming. Hard working employees are overlooked, those that have done nothing for the last 7 years are praised. If you wanna a quick easy job working with a pack of idiots this is the place to be. No growth, no training, dead end low paying job.

Advice to Management

Do your job. Get off your iphones and stop being oblivious to what's going on.

2. AmeriCorps Member

I worked at EducationWorks full-time

Pros

Great leadership development and life experience for people just starting out. I enjoyed the school I was placed and the experience in general. Managers are broken into team leaders and each team has a different culture.

Cons

The pay for AmeriCorps members is an obvious con but anyone considering doing AmeriCorps can't really use this as a factor since in general terms all AmeriCorps positions are below poverty level positions. I overcame this by having savings and a realistic expectation that I'd be working below the poverty level for 6 months. Also everyone ought to consider getting public assistance benefits ASAP.

Advice to Management

Management is fine, they did lots of things to motivate staff and also encourage a healthy life work balance and really cared about there staff. Giving staff opportunities for training and fun was also a nice perk.