Edward Jones

www.edwardjones.com

I look forward to going to work--it's the ability to work independently and with a company & boss who treat me very well

BOA Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsWork independently for the most part, usually with one Financial Advisor (FA) no office politics or micromanaging (most BOAs have this type of FA and I think Edward Jones looks for this when hiring an FA). If for some reason, a FA does not "make it", we do not lose our jobs, a new FA is installed in our office. The company acts as a large family--we may not always agree with the senior members or each other, but there is respect, care and flexibility. My job is different every day--I'm never bored! Employees are encouraged to submit suggestions and are treated like a valued client--they follow up with us and work on implementing, unless it is not feasible--but, we are told why, if that is the case.

Anytime I have a question about how to perform a task, I am encouraged to call the Home Office or one of my fellow Branch Office Administrators (BOA)s for help. BOAs have two regional meetings per year where we get together to compare notes, learn about new procedures, products, etc. and find answers to particular issues. We often have these meetings in a very nice hotel or other venue with a wonderful meal and snacks. At other times of the year, many regional BOAs meet for dinner to "keep in touch" and to learn about things pertaining to the job. The benefits are stellar and there are many perks. We also have the ability to participate in the limited partnership, when offered, due to volunteering, etc. This is truly a win-win company!

ConsThe only thing that would make my job perfect, is to raise the pay a bit and to be able to work from home so I can save on gas--the last, not feasible since we are client-focused and welcome clients to the office:).

Advice to Senior ManagementNever, never, never try to be like the other brokerages out there--we have a great thing going--let's not mess it up!!

2 class system - only people who are given assetts succeed

Financial Advisor (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

I have been working at Edward Jones

Pros: Flexability of work schedule and individual office Cons: everything geared to pay and support the vetern group that… Advice to Senior Management: Need to improve retention of new hires by being more… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

If you are willing to play the game then maybe.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Edward Jones

Pros: Good work/life balance Stock trade disconts Fair time off policy New facilities Cons: Pay is a joke Benfit cost are off loaded on to employess under the guise of being better for said employee Promotions and pay are… Advice to Senior Management: Update you technology and bring pay up to competitors. Be more honest about product offerings.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Edward Jones.

Worked for Edward Jones? Contribute to the Community!