Edward Jones

www.edwardjones.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones

Opportunity doesn't knock hard.

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Lansing, MI
Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Lansing, MI

I have been working at Edward Jones

Pros

The ability to be your own boss. You can make as much or as little money as you want it all depends on how much drive you have.

Cons

HIGH PRESSURE JOB. You are responsible for the retirment and income of hundreds of people. It you make bad decisions they are directly affected by it and you will be affect as well.

Your direction has helped get Edward Jones through many storms that other brokerage firms have not been able to. Great job and keep up the ideals that Ted put in place.

972 Other Employee Reviews for Edward Jones (View Most Recent)

Great opportunity

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Edward Jones

Pros

There is a lot of freedom that comes with the financial advisor position. You run your own office and have your own assistant. You do not have to put up any upfront money for your office they just want you to put in the time to build it up. There are more ways to be compensated for your hard work, not just commission. There are two great trips each year you can win for your successful sales, bonuses and a chance to become a partner of the firm down the road. Overall Edward Jones is a great company to work for

Cons

Technology is finally getting up to speed but it has taken awhile to get there.

N/A

Great Firm/Poor Leadership and direction

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Houston, TX

I have been working at Edward Jones

Pros

Safe, conservative firm that sticks to the basics with regard to investing. Stocks, bonds, mutual funds, etc... We don’t get caught up in the hot new investment fads that seem to surface every 4-7 years and then blow up.

Excellent reputation for service and honesty. No problem attracting clients who are just starting to invest up to the $2 million dollar client.

Great Employee benefits: Diversification Trips, profit sharing, limited partnership.

Cons

Safe, conservative firm that sticks to the basics with regard to investing. We offer the same products and services to someone in any town, USA (small town America), that we would to someone in New York City (we have no offices there). It’s plain and simple that people in major cities are more sophisticated investors than small town investors. So they want options, alternative investments, and better research and stock opinions.

Middle Market vs. High Net Worth: It’s very hard to attract sophisticated clients who have $ 2 million plus. If they want all mutual funds or stocks fine. But when they start to want a full slate of offerings it’s hard to get them to bring all of their assets to Edward Jones. High net worth clients go to the Merrill, UBS, Morgan Stanley, etc... We get the $200/month person contributing to his IRA.

Technology: We are way behind when it comes to technology. In the last few years we just gained the ability to email to non work personnel. Computers are slow and out dated.

Door Knocking: Still focused on this method of meeting new people. In small town America this works fine. Small towns offer trust and comfort. You have no problem meeting a stranger at your door and giving him your assets. You may know him from church or see him at the local high school football game. In a major metropolitan area you see news stories all the time about people getting robbed, raped and murdered by home invaders. Why would you open your door and give out personal information to a stranger, yet alone put your retirement accounts with someone who you met at your front door, like he was selling vacuum cleaners.

Wake up and realize that a one size fits all approach does not work for Edward Jones. There is a 50,000 population and less model and a 50,000 population plus model. We have to adapt our offices and marketing campaigns to the particular regions and cities that we operate in. Like Wal-Mart and Starbucks. They are not exactly alike across the country. They are different from one area to the next, thereby becoming unique to their community and increasing sales and awareness.

There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones