Edward Jones

There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones

Training ground for going Independent

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Jacksonville, FL
Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Edward Jones full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Own Branch, Hire your own staff, Work with clients you want too, Diversification Trips, Profit Sharing 100% vested.

Cons

Micro management, limited investment options (Bonds, Insurance carriers and business lines, advisory is all proprietary, now creating proprietary products developed by insurance annuity carriers), limited outside research views, lack of true medical benefits, if in a "location rich" area hard to maintain profitability, not much 'street creed' among investors and other advisors, lack of regional leadership, constant turnover in FA attrition, no loyalty within the firm and your dedication, low compensation, nickle and dime you for branch expenses (net closer to 33%), No room for growth and the list goes on....
If I had it to do again, I would have made a different choice. I was at EDJ for 7 years and the culture of the firm is DEAD. I was sold a bill of good and was set up to fail.. I made it but thought I would retire there, should have left many years ago.
I love being Independent. Made the same amount of money from a whole year at EDJ as an independent in 33% of the time.

Do unto others as you would want done unto you.
Pay the seasoned advisors what they deserve, quit over charging for all the branch items that are corporates responsibility's, don't force us to recruit new financial advisors... we don't believe in the culture and shouldn't have to force those lies on the new forces.
Get a new CEO who has the firm culture at heart. Realize that the reps will be just as loyal as you are to them!

977 Other Employee Reviews for Edward Jones (View Most Recent)

Edward Jones was a decent place to work

Former Employee - Service Specialist in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Service Specialist in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Edward Jones full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great Office
    Great Cafeteria
    Good Teamwork
    Quality training sessions prepared each employee for many different situations.
    Free parking at the office.

Cons

Low bonuses and promotions
    Too conservative
    Lack of intelligent management in the department
    The job titles place every worker into a slot and it brings on complacency

Find a better way for exceptional employees to get promoted quicker.

Investment Service Specialist

Current Employee - Investment Service Specialist in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Investment Service Specialist in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great place to start your career. They pay for performance, which isn't all that good.

Cons

If you don't want to be a manager, little opportunity for growth. Your manager will only know how to groom you towards becoming a manager. Not an analyst, bond trader, or anything analytical.

There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones