There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones

Great company to work for

Former Employee - Field Supervision Director in Saint Louis, MO
Former Employee - Field Supervision Director in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Edward Jones full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Not publicly held, so they tend to go against the flow to take advantage of business opportunities at the most advantageous times. Great limited partnership opportunities. Great training.

Cons

Niche is "mom and pop" investors, which they do better than anyone. However, that fact limits their products and solutions somewhat.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do best.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

VERY LOW BOA COMPENSATION-POOR PAY

Current Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator
    Current Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working for Jones allows a sort of independence but the key to happines in this "job" is to be teamed with a good financial advisor. This job will be a living nightmare if the financial advisor's personality and work ethic does not mesh well with yours. The home office support is awesome and the technology makes the job very easy.

Cons

Very very low pay for Office Administrators. Financial advisors receive commissions on new accounts, life insurance, annuities, long term care, and so on, they also receive these lavish diversification trips. BOA's receive no commissions and the bonuses are based on the Financial advisors discretion, and of course we receive no diversification trips. The only prizes we receive is if we complete a trimester goal-which may put 25-100 back in my paycheck. I have an undergraduate degree in Business and I have received no increase in pay and am not allowed to put my academic accreditation behind my name on my business cards. The company is not very family friendly oriented and Human Resources doesnt really seem to take input from the BOA's. My pay is very low compared to area businesses.

Advice to Management

Compensate BOA's for the work we do. Why are there no Diversification trips or commission pay for BOA's-why do Financial advisors receive all the credit when it is supposed to be a team centered environment?

Please please think carefully about taking a job here

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Seattle, WA

I worked at Edward Jones full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you like it and are good at it you are compensated pretty well for little work it seems. My field trainer told me he was "clearing six figures" and he only worked 2 or 3 days a week and it was only his 5th year with the company. He had no integrity and told me how he would scam the elderly so maybe that's how he was "clearing six figures"

Cons

Awful culture, horribly demeaning "door knocking". Literally the worst mistake of my life.

They told me during training that usually people had an 80% success rate of knocking on someone's door and getting their phone number and permission to call later. I had probably a 1% success rate. I asked everyone I could think of for help, and no one was willing to help at all. It was one of the worst experiences of my life and completely and utterly destroyed my self esteem.

I went to the nearest advisor's office to introduce myself and she screamed at me and told me she would destroy me if I even looked at one of her clients. My field trainer told me how he would put elderly clients in the funds that had the highest comission to him because they don't know any better. He only showed up to the office about 50% of the time when I had a scheduled training session with him and I would sit in his front lobby for 6 hours with his Assistant until I would just give up and go home.

Advice to Management

Find another method of prospecting than door knocking in urban areas. It doesn't work.