There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones

Academic Training Leader

I have been working at Edward Jones

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

Compensation is ok compared to others

good

904 Other Employee Reviews for Edward Jones (View Most Recent)

Great company to work for

Former Employee - Field Supervision Director in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Field Supervision Director in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Edward Jones full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Not publicly held, so they tend to go against the flow to take advantage of business opportunities at the most advantageous times. Great limited partnership opportunities. Great training.

Cons

Niche is "mom and pop" investors, which they do better than anyone. However, that fact limits their products and solutions somewhat.

Keep doing what you do best.

VERY LOW BOA COMPENSATION-POOR PAY

Current Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator
    Current Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working for Jones allows a sort of independence but the key to happines in this "job" is to be teamed with a good financial advisor. This job will be a living nightmare if the financial advisor's personality and work ethic does not mesh well with yours. The home office support is awesome and the technology makes the job very easy.

Cons

Very very low pay for Office Administrators. Financial advisors receive commissions on new accounts, life insurance, annuities, long term care, and so on, they also receive these lavish diversification trips. BOA's receive no commissions and the bonuses are based on the Financial advisors discretion, and of course we receive no diversification trips. The only prizes we receive is if we complete a trimester goal-which may put 25-100 back in my paycheck. I have an undergraduate degree in Business and I have received no increase in pay and am not allowed to put my academic accreditation behind my name on my business cards. The company is not very family friendly oriented and Human Resources doesnt really seem to take input from the BOA's. My pay is very low compared to area businesses.

Compensate BOA's for the work we do. Why are there no Diversification trips or commission pay for BOA's-why do Financial advisors receive all the credit when it is supposed to be a team centered environment?

There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones