There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones

Hardest work I've ever done

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Des Moines, IA
Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You'll ultimately be given your own office to run with significant autonomy. A chance to build and run your own business with minimum interference. Technical support when called upon is generally positive, prompt, and quite helpful.

Cons

Compensation is not as glowing as advertised. Significant dropout rate of new advisors in first 3 years. Lots of pressure for you to help recruit new advisors. Training geared towards selling rather than building strong portfolios for clients

Advice to Management

Tendency to describe those who leave as slackers who just didn't work hard enough...as in, yes their is turnover but we're losing those who really weren't willing to do the work. Don't significantly raise goals in the midst of a significant economic downturn.

reviews filtered by

Financial Advisor FACD

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great training one of the best programs in the industry for training financial advisors. Jones paid for licenses in securities and insurance. Provided educational courses both in classroom and online with experienced financial advisors.
    Great support from specialist in home offices in Arizona and St. Louis.
    Clients love the face to face relationship they are able to develop knowing their financial advisor is located locally withing their community. As an advisor we focus on meeting clients financial goals short term and long term. Building a great relationship with the client in the community allows us to help our clients meet those goals.
    Managing your own office, you can't put a price on it!

Cons

Long hours but if the most is made of your time the pay is amazing.

Advice to Management

Update online capabilities for both employees and clients, completely move away from the green screen.

Branch Office Administrator

Current Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, Great job support from Corporate level.

Cons

Pay isn't really what it should be for the quantity of work they ask you to do. Turn over of Financial Advisors can put your job in jepordy.

Advice to Management

Train the Financial Advisors better. Pay them to stay and treat them with the respect they deserve. Don't tie my bonus to the Financial Advisors job performance.

There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones