Edward Jones

There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones

Financial Advisor FACD

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great training one of the best programs in the industry for training financial advisors. Jones paid for licenses in securities and insurance. Provided educational courses both in classroom and online with experienced financial advisors.
Great support from specialist in home offices in Arizona and St. Louis.
Clients love the face to face relationship they are able to develop knowing their financial advisor is located locally withing their community. As an advisor we focus on meeting clients financial goals short term and long term. Building a great relationship with the client in the community allows us to help our clients meet those goals.
Managing your own office, you can't put a price on it!

Cons

Long hours but if the most is made of your time the pay is amazing.

Update online capabilities for both employees and clients, completely move away from the green screen.

914 Other Employee Reviews for Edward Jones (View Most Recent)

Branch Office Administrator

Current Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, Great job support from Corporate level.

Cons

Pay isn't really what it should be for the quantity of work they ask you to do. Turn over of Financial Advisors can put your job in jepordy.

Train the Financial Advisors better. Pay them to stay and treat them with the respect they deserve. Don't tie my bonus to the Financial Advisors job performance.

For entry level financial consultant jobs, this is the best option.

Current Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Edward Jones invests heavily in the education of their employees. If you want to be a financial consultant, and you pass through their hiring process, you are set up well by this company.

Cons

I was not comfortable with the business model of door knocking that is still in practice. I am not sure that this is still relevant today even if it worked 10 years ago. An administrator is expected to do service calls that are very similar to telemarketing for advisors they support. This can be a nuisance to do around other duties.

After I left EJ, people expressed to me that they were turned off by the door to door approach of sales. I am sure that some people are successful with it, but I think the perception of door knocking as an antiquated approach is more than corporate realizes.

There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones