Branch Office Administrator

Current Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator in Nashville, TN
Current Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, Great job support from Corporate level.

Cons

Pay isn't really what it should be for the quantity of work they ask you to do. Turn over of Financial Advisors can put your job in jepordy.

Advice to Management

Train the Financial Advisors better. Pay them to stay and treat them with the respect they deserve. Don't tie my bonus to the Financial Advisors job performance.

Other Employee Reviews for Edward Jones

Timing is key

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Edward Jones full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Edward Jones has created a terrific culture-- everyone is very willing to help each other suceed, good focus on family and work/life balance, simple business model

Cons

Unless you start in an existing office or by taking over existing assets, it can be very challenging to make any real money in the first few years. Be prepared to have a fluctuating and at time anemic income. The income figures suggested as averages for new advisors are grossly inflated.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent during the hiring process concerning what new advisors can truly expect.

For entry level financial consultant jobs, this is the best option.

Current Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Edward Jones invests heavily in the education of their employees. If you want to be a financial consultant, and you pass through their hiring process, you are set up well by this company.

Cons

I was not comfortable with the business model of door knocking that is still in practice. I am not sure that this is still relevant today even if it worked 10 years ago. An administrator is expected to do service calls that are very similar to telemarketing for advisors they support. This can be a nuisance to do around other duties.

Advice to Management

After I left EJ, people expressed to me that they were turned off by the door to door approach of sales. I am sure that some people are successful with it, but I think the perception of door knocking as an antiquated approach is more than corporate realizes.