Edward Jones

www.edwardjones.com
  www.edwardjones.com
There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones

Great peers to work with. Excellent training program. Good support from managment

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Port Coquitlam, BC (Canada)
Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Port Coquitlam, BC (Canada)

I worked at Edward Jones full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great opportunity to work independently, and enjoy the benefits of your own hard work. You meet great people in all aspects of the company. Peer support and mentoring are part of the corporate culture and you will quickly find your niche if you pay close attention to your chosen business region.

Cons

Long hours. Hard work. Self-care is mandatory = Make it part of your personal schedule. Some limitations can seem ill-informed but are actually there to maintain simplicity and transparency in an industry that can be seen to be ill-informed or immoral. No one ever got into trouble keeping things simple.

Appropriately certified, or informed, individuals should be given more latitude to 'test' access to specific markets - with informed consent.

912 Other Employee Reviews for Edward Jones (View Most Recent)

My little review

I worked at Edward Jones full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

They allow you to grow in your respective field.

Cons

Salary and desire to keep good associates is not in their top list of priorities.

Recognize the good employees and try to keep them.

Great Place to work if your FA isn't a jerk!!!!!!

Former Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator
    Former Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator

I worked at Edward Jones full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I loved what I did. The job had a great variety of task.

Cons

1. You have modules you need to do. I had homework alot of time because I never had time at work to get it done. Of course this is done without pay

2. You had to drive you own vehicle to the bank for deposit. Alot of miles were put on the vehicle with no compensation for gas. This has changed before I quit.

3. Being able to get a day off can be a challenge. My FA had a very long discussion about this & all was decided was we agree to disagree. I bet I asked him 15 times how much notice I needed to get a day off & all he kept saying was I needed to plan my vacation way in advance. I was so frustrated with no direct answer. Talking to him was like talking to a brick wall. When my Dad was dying I told him so & that I would like to take some time off to help take care of him. It was like I never told the guy what I wanted. My Dad laid dying for 2 weeks & I was only allowed 1/2 day off.

4. The FA has no ideal what the BOA does. I did alot of updating view amounts and cost basis ....I work my but off & no appreciation was acknowledge.

5. Pay is crappy. I started at $7 and ended up being paid $11.48. I did get a $1.50 raise one time because I went to a full time position. I got raises because I was not getting paid what I should. Most of the raises were between 11 cents and 33 cents. The annual review thing is so lame. My reviews were always meet expectations even though I felt I went out of my way alot for the FA.

6. Back in October of 2004 I started working full time. But since I did not change my status until the following spring I only got 1 week vacation in 2005. I feel if you worked it you should get what you rightfully deserve. You do get sick pay but that is highly discouraged. You pretty much have to be about dead to take a sick day.

There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones