There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones

Great company to work for under certain instances.

Former Employee - Financial Advisor
Former Employee - Financial Advisor

I worked at Edward Jones full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great core values. Investment platform and resources are top notch. Great support group. Training and development are terrific. A lot of quality people that work for the company. Compensation is great once you find your niche and start producing.

Cons

Very old school approach at growing your business. If you are not provided an office with assets, you will have a tough time keeping on board with their door knocking and cold calling approach to growing your business. You are often times on an island by yourself with your own thoughts. Stringent standards you must meet or else you will be terminated.

Advice to Management

Its the 21st century and although door to door can be an effective way to growing your business locally, you must teach alternative ways using favorable introductions with family and friends. People are very opposed to doing business at their door step.

Other Employee Reviews for Edward Jones

Stable

Pros

Good working environment, solid business practices

Cons

Not much clarity on what to do to develop further with the company

Complete breakdown of Human Resources

Former Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator in Seattle, WA

I worked at Edward Jones full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Other BOAs are a warm, friendly environment, benefits are pretty good, if you get the right FA you may learn a lot about securities, clients were wonderful

Cons

Home Office does little to protect BOAs from mean, nasty Financial Advisors. As long as the FA is making money, that's all that matters. No growth opportunities for BOAs unless you want to move to St. Louis or become an FA. Pay was decent for non-degreed associates, but for those with degrees it's terrible. Compensation is based on the FA's performance, so the BOA can suffer because they work for a non-performing FA

Advice to Management

If an FA has gone through three BOAs in two years, that should tell you something. I was subjected to daily scrutiny of my clothing, my hair, my make-up, my job, my dietary choices, everything. I complained to human resources and was told that my FA and I had "different personalities." Money is the bottom-line but learn to protect those who need protection.