There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones

Edward Jones is a great company, but the two person office setting can create problems.

Current Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator  in  Midlothian, VA
Current Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator in Midlothian, VA

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The history and culture are part of what makes working for Edward Jones so rewarding. Helping our clients to meet their financial goals is at the center of everything we do.

Cons

Small office setting is really like extended family. It takes a lot of work to keep the relationships productive and rewarding.

Don't try to change too much.

874 Other Employee Reviews for Edward Jones (View Most Recent)

Worst Job I've Ever Had

Former Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Edward Jones full-time for more than a year

Pros

The "status" of the company's name. That's all I've got.

Cons

Perpetual meetings, too many projects to handle effectively, ill-equipped, "mean girl" female manager who played favorites, substandard pay, after hours work expected with no compensation, a CTO who was making millions while the grunts did all the heavy lifting. Leaving there was one of the happiest days of my life.

Hire your team leaders based on merit not on tenure with the firm. My team leader had plenty of advice on how her team members should do their jobs but had NO IDEA how to do the work herself. She was unable to use software that should have been STANDARD for her title and department but she had been there for over 20 years so she "earned" the role of team leader by time served.

Great company to work for under certain instances.

Former Employee - Financial Advisor
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor

I worked at Edward Jones full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great core values. Investment platform and resources are top notch. Great support group. Training and development are terrific. A lot of quality people that work for the company. Compensation is great once you find your niche and start producing.

Cons

Very old school approach at growing your business. If you are not provided an office with assets, you will have a tough time keeping on board with their door knocking and cold calling approach to growing your business. You are often times on an island by yourself with your own thoughts. Stringent standards you must meet or else you will be terminated.

Its the 21st century and although door to door can be an effective way to growing your business locally, you must teach alternative ways using favorable introductions with family and friends. People are very opposed to doing business at their door step.

There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones

Worked for Edward Jones? Contribute to the Community!