Edward Jones

There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones

Financial Advisor

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Honolulu, HI
Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Honolulu, HI

I worked at Edward Jones full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Values driven company. Strong sense of company culture.

Cons

"Old boys club" strongly in place. Too much independence for Regional Leaders, without accountability to home office. They lose valuable talent due to politics within the region that Management is not aware of.

Solicit feedback from new FA's on their experience implementing EJ biz model in their community. It is not a cookie cutter biz plan industry, and you will never break into certain markets with that mentality.

925 Other Employee Reviews for Edward Jones (View Most Recent)

What a ride and on to a bigger company as we speak

Current Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator in Aurora, CO
    Current Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator in Aurora, CO

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Ethical, great product mix, can be there till u retire based on what FA u work for.

Cons

Start paying us a true paycheck. I know numerous boa's in denver market that laugh at what we earn. We love Amweican Funds! Drifting away from the recipe.

Listen to the boa's "we are smarter than we look" and cut the dead weight! Your 20/20 plan is a joke!

Things are changing

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Glen Ellyn, IL
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Glen Ellyn, IL

I worked at Edward Jones full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good Training; Branch Assistants help us handle client accounts; Bonus Bracket = good times; Div trips are fantastic! Good marketing brochures/newsletters!

Cons

Veteren Advisors not able to grow business except through Advisory Program (which is not very strong compared to other firms); The Partnership is being manipulated by GP's and there hasn't been an offering for 4 years now and I hear there won't be for a few more years! The Medical benefits costs for non-GP Advisors is off the chart expensive.

Regional Leaders have too much power and control. I was made aware of the fact that a RL in Chicagoland was given a $100M non-competive office and still poached big clients out of offices where the Advisor was fired, quit or left for another firm. This went on for 10 years!

Get feedback from the field and provide opportunity for good FA's even if they don't want to go to Home Office!

There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones