Edward Jones
www.edwardjones.com Saint Louis, MO 5000+ Employees

Fantastic company to work for if you are willing to work hard.

Financial Advisor (Current Employee)
Madison, WI

ProsI read through several of the reviews on this site and as an adviser of 9 years with Edward Jones, I felt like I needed to give my $.02.

Most reviews make it sound like a bad thing that they monitor your performance strictly. What job have you had that doesn't monitor your performance? Yes, it is based on "sales", but sales are a RESULT of advising.

That being said, the autonomy offered by the position is both a blessing and a curse. You are your own best friend and worst enemy depending on your effort. I left a job as an engineer to become a financial advisor and haven't regretted it for a second. I started out with no assets and after several months had an opportunity to take over a small existing office. I grew it very quickly and fast forward 9 years later, I'm one of the biggest producers in the firm.

You have to be willing to step outside of your comfort zone and meet people. You have to dedicate time to become connected with folks and grow relationships. If you can do this, you will have success. Here is a bullet point list of my "pros".

- My success is determined by my effort.
- I dictate my own schedule.
- When starting out your overhead is completely covered by the firm.
- The BEST training in the industry.
- The BEST culture in the industry. We put the client first and take care of our employees.

Cons-This career isn't for everyone. Developing clients, at Edward Jones or any other firm in the industry, is a challenging process that you have to be willing to work at.

-It is a commission based job. Be prepared to have slow months at the beginning, but it doesn't have to be that way if you put in the effort!

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember that the Financial Advisers are the profit center. It is important to hire quality candidates and make sure they receive the proper training from beginning to end. That means continued support while in the field (and from the field) with less of a throw it against the wall and see if it sticks mentality.

Could be a great company, but it has a way to go to get there.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Edward Jones full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good benefits - health insurance, 401k, limited partnership Flexible with need… Cons: Long hours. No accountability for under performing workers which leaves the over achievers doing the bulk of the work. They do… Advice to Senior Management: Take some time to step in the shoes of the workers to understand the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

A great company culture if you are extremely motivated and willing to sacrifice a lot in the early years.

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time

Pros: Lots of support from both regional team and home office… Cons: Starting base pay is very meager and unless you have friends and family that are willing to invest with you upfront the commission pay… Advice to Senior Management: Make your starting pay for scratch starters more lucrative, I understand that you need a carrot on a stick but the reason I… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Edward Jones.

Worked for Edward Jones? Contribute to the Community!

Edward Jones – Why Work for Us?

A More Personal Approach to Success You know the financial services industry, but you may not know Edward Jones. We are a unique industry leader known for our more personal approach to business. From locating… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Edward Jones reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Edward Jones CEO Jim Weddle. All reviews posted anonymously by Edward Jones employees.