There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones

Fantastic company to work for if you are willing to work hard.

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Madison, WI
Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Madison, WI

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I read through several of the reviews on this site and as an adviser of 9 years with Edward Jones, I felt like I needed to give my $.02. Most reviews make it sound like a bad thing that they monitor your performance strictly. What job have you had that doesn't monitor your performance? Yes, it is based on "sales", but sales are a RESULT of advising. That being said, the autonomy offered by the position is both a blessing and a curse. You are your own best friend and worst enemy depending on your effort. I left a job as an engineer to become a financial advisor and haven't regretted it for a second. I started out with no assets and after several months had an opportunity to take over a small existing office. I grew it very quickly and fast forward 9 years later, I'm one of the biggest producers in the firm. You have to be willing to step outside of your comfort zone and meet people. You have to dedicate time to become connected with folks and grow relationships. If you can do this, you will have success. Here is a bullet point list of my "pros". - My success is determined by my effort. - I dictate my own schedule. - When starting out your overhead is completely covered by the firm. - The BEST training in the industry. - The BEST culture in the industry. We put the client first and take care of our employees.

Cons

-This career isn't for everyone. Developing clients, at Edward Jones or any other firm in the industry, is a challenging process that you have to be willing to work at. -It is a commission based job. Be prepared to have slow months at the beginning, but it doesn't have to be that way if you put in the effort!

Advice to Management

Remember that the Financial Advisers are the profit center. It is important to hire quality candidates and make sure they receive the proper training from beginning to end. That means continued support while in the field (and from the field) with less of a throw it against the wall and see if it sticks mentality.

Other Employee Reviews for Edward Jones

Blown away by the support!

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Quality training, ongoing support, autonomy, building your own business, ownership feel without the costs, top notch research and analysts.

Cons

not for everyone, some forget why they originally chose Edward Jones, but over all I am very happy with Edward Jones and most that don't follow the process or don't believe in what they are taught don't succeed

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

2. Very rewarding and satisfying career while being a respected member of your community.

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Canton, OH
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Canton, OH

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Partnership structure Client centered Single advisor offices with full-time office administrator Compensation tied to performance and providing solutions for client needs.

Cons

I see no real downside that is not tied to the industry instead of the company, such as cyclical markets.

Advice to Management

360 degree feedback should work at all levels