Edward Jones

There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones

The Best Company to Work for or with

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Knoxville, TN
Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Edward Jones is a privately held company owned solely by it's employees. This allows it to make different business decisions than other companies. It is a very family friendly company who always puts the interest of the client first.

Cons

This is a very difficult business for some people. You must have a entrepreneurial spirit, be self motivated and goal oriented. Working in an autonomous environment is also difficult for some people.

Never loose the culture of this firm.

950 Other Employee Reviews for Edward Jones (View Most Recent)

I had a job, but found a carreer. Edward Jones is the opportunity of a lifetime.

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Woodbridge, VA
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Woodbridge, VA

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working at Edward Jones is the opportunity of a lifetime. I was a Helicopter maintainer and aircrew member in the Army, and was hired to do what I am passionate about. The opportunity at Edward Jones is limited only by the amount of work you are willing to commit to. The training was fantastic and very detailed, and was an easy transition for those accustomed to the training provided in the military. I had no financial experience before applying at Edward Jones, and now I feel well prepared and aptly trained for my position. I feel completely comfortable talking to people and digging down to talk about the Mid-west values that Edward Jones was founded on and continues to adhere to. I wanted to find a career where I felt like I was actually making a difference in peoples' lives. Here at Edward Jones, I have that opportunity, and am proud to be part of a company that is truly concerned with always doing what is right for the client. The culture here is truly amazing; I talk to experienced advisors who on a regular basis provide me with excellent advice and encouragement. I would recommend to anyone that has an entrepreneurial spirit and is self driven, to apply at Edward Jones.

Cons

The first few years require some hard work and long hours. You will be going out and wearing out the soles of your shoes, but the reward is truly worth it. You can also expect to feel like the learning curve is pretty steep, and have the need to study continually. However, every effort you make here has reward.

In a Fortune 500 firm with around 12,000 Financial Advisors, there is a committed training departement, and they have thought of nearly everything possible, and graciously accept feedback. The only additional advice I could offer is that each new Financial Advisor find an Experienced Financial Advisor as a mentor as soon as possible, because the advice I have received from my mentor along with mytraining, has molded me into the Advisor I am today.

Edward Jones has given me the opportunity to make a positive impact on my clients, the community, and my family.

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Belton, TX
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Belton, TX

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

At Edward Jones, Financial Advisors have the opportunity to run their own business without having to own their own business. There is a lot of autonomy, so your income is based solely on the work and effort you put forth.

Cons

There are downsides to every company, but there is not a better company in the financial services industry to work for.

There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones