There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones

Great place to build a financial advisor practice

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Charleston, WV
Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Charleston, WV

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

1) great compensation package ( five total ways of getting paid) 2) dedicated assistants 3) top notch home office support 4) better than being independent 5) Teamwork and suport of your local financial advisors. you work together for the good of your community and company

Cons

As long and you build your business in a legal, ethical, profitable manor there is no cons.

Other Employee Reviews for Edward Jones

1. EJ has give me opportunities to develop a business, help my clients, and become very successful.

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Bardstown, KY
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Bardstown, KY

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Independence. Independence to work with whom I want to work, how I want to work with them. Independence to set my schedule so that I am able to attend events in my families lives. Great technology. Partnership structure gives me ownership opportunities within my company and allows all of us to help one another to become successful. Travel opportunites for my spouse and myself. Leadership opportunities within my company. Compensation based on my production, plus bonuses. Rich culture which is very much alive and practiced. Recognition of achievements within region.

Cons

Because of the occupation, it can be stressful. Staying organized and focued on the tasks at hand is always a struggle.

Advice to Management

Stay true to our beliefs and our heritage. Continue on the path that Ted Jones set for us. Never lose sight of putting the client first.

2. Best place to work!

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Salisbury, MD
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Salisbury, MD

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work/Family time. Ability to work my own schedule while building a reputable business practice. I love the fact that I have my own office and Edward Jones pays all of the expenses. They believe enough in me to see that I have what it takes to be successful. They promote a model of ethics and legalities in a tough financial world.

Cons

A lot of work to get going. Long Hours in the beginning. When you first start out, not much time for vacations, time off, ect. Can't afford to be out of the office as you are still trying to build your foundation and never know when that prospect will be ready to set an appt.