There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones

Great place to build a financial advisor practice

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Charleston, WV
Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Charleston, WV

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

1) great compensation package ( five total ways of getting paid)
2) dedicated assistants
3) top notch home office support
4) better than being independent
5) Teamwork and suport of your local financial advisors. you work together for the good of your community and company

Cons

As long and you build your business in a legal, ethical, profitable manor there is no cons.

898 Other Employee Reviews for Edward Jones (View Most Recent)

THe Best Career Oppourtinity for anyone who wants to run their own business.

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The company is built and owned by the FA's. All thanks to Ted Jones who gave the company away to the rest of us. Because of that, the culture of our firm is like no other.

Cons

As we grow we start to look more like a big company, which means we create policies rather than have someone make a decision that may go away from the policy. Sometimes, we can do better for the client but our policies do not allow it.

GP's enter the home office and create initiatives to get themselves noticed. Sometimes it feels like home office people forget that we have businesses to run. Too many meetings, conference calls, webinars, etc for Leadership team members.

Life-changing

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

We have autonomy to truly do what is right for the clients. We can earn an unlimited amount of money helping our clients. We have a wide range of products and services that we offer, including services tailored to the high net worth client. The software systems are just what our clients need; our contact management system is second to none. Others spend time to help develop my leadership skills, which makes me a better person, as well as a better advisor.

Cons

There are no disadvantages to working at Edward Jones. I only wish I would have learned about Edward Jones earlier in my career.

I am thankful for the opportunity to work here. I appreciate the time that our partners spend helping this place be the best place to work.

There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones