There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones

Great place to build a financial advisor practice

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Charleston, WV
Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Charleston, WV

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

1) great compensation package ( five total ways of getting paid)
2) dedicated assistants
3) top notch home office support
4) better than being independent
5) Teamwork and suport of your local financial advisors. you work together for the good of your community and company

Cons

As long and you build your business in a legal, ethical, profitable manor there is no cons.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. I am very fortunate to be associated with Edward Jones as a Financial Advisor

Current Employee - Financial Advisor
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Always donig the right thing for customer both FA and HO;independence yet much help as needed;great culture and philosophy

Cons

way too much emphasis on trimester plans,''stars",etc.; as a new FA it is overwhelming how to prioritize;as a veteran FA,leave me alson already !

Advice to Management

put the area leaders to work with coaching new FAs and off the butts and earn their keep;it is too much of an inner clique that is out of touch

2. Edward Jones Review from BOA - Been here 10 Months

Current Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very helpful headquarter services--various departments very knowledgable. Even though I am in a branch and on my own the majority of time (FA not here most of the time)--I always feel the support of a very large organization. Excellent resources and very user friendly technology--I was up and running in a week. Good resources and support while learning the job.

Cons

Must be very independent and OK with working alone the majority of time. Sometimes difficult to reach particular departments for help--long wait times. I would really like an opportunity for career advancement with this firm as I very much would like to stay here long term--but there are only two positions available at the branch level--and as a BOA I really have nowhere to go but stay in this same spot, as I am not interested in sales. I wish there were more career opportunities in the operations area, such as running a multi-advisor office etc., or positions such as ones located at headquarters.

Advice to Management

Management/compliance at the headquarters level seems a bit removed from what really happens/difficulties we face daily/the extent of our service to clients (we do everything for them) at the branch level. I have not met any management at that level outside of one regional meeting. They are wonderful figure heads and speakers--very inspiring speakers--but I think not really in tune with those of us in the field.