There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones

Edward Jones offers one the opportunity to be an "owner" without the need for personal capital.

Current Employee - Financial Advisor  in  Moorefield, WV
Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Moorefield, WV

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

As an Edward Jones financial advisor, one is his/her own boss. There is the freedom to do business in a personal way as long as one remains legal, ethical, and profitable.

Financial advisors are rewarded in several ways: commission, limited partnership, trimester bonuses, profit sharing, and diversification trips. These awards are based on performance and doing the right thing for the client.

Client service excellence is held in high esteem above all else. Jones advisors pride themselves on doing what is right for each and every client.

Cons

As the firm works toward its 2020 Vision, number of financial advisors will increase significantly. Many markets will become saturated with offices in close proximity.

When choosing target areas for new offices, I feel it is necessary to look at more than the numbers. Actually sending someone to evaluate the areas being considered would make sense. I am in a very small town that has many immigrant workers who are not investors; however, they show up in the population of the town and make it appear a more investment potential area. My office is locate on the only main street halfway from each end of town. One mile in either direction and one is out of the city limits. I went to the expense of building my own office and now Jones is allowing a "Goodknight from afar" to be here.

872 Other Employee Reviews for Edward Jones (View Most Recent)

Branch Office Administrator's are not appreciated or valued. Corporate lies, does not keep their word. Sexual Harassment

Former Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator  in  Akron, OH
    Former Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator in Akron, OH

I worked at Edward Jones full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I loved working with clients & maintaining the branch office. When I was allowed to do my job the office thrived. Some of the people I worked with were great. The ones that are professional, hard working & know what their doing were wonderful to work with. Offices tend to be nice & well organized. They are very structured & have a great system that works well. Jones Link software is great & keeps you trained, as well as, keep you on task throughout your day/week/month.

Cons

Edward Jones hires new FA's that are inexperienced & do not know what they are doing. I was sexually harassed & because the FA brought the money to the table, not the BOA, they supported the FA. They moved me out of the office promising to handle the matter & relocate me to a safer office to work in. They never relocated me, but later told me to find my own office to work in. I found another office, but after a while they realized I was still working for them (the victim) & they made up lies & fired me. I should have sued them, but they threatened to fight me on my unemployment claim if I did. Their big in house lawyers, as well as Corporate lie & are dishonorable. Multiple times they said one thing, then turned around & did the opposite of what was agreed upon. They maintain a good ole boy system. Also, they do not fairly compensate the BOA's. Some have worked their for 10 yrs & making only $9 hr, while others come in making $14 hr. The pay is not based on qualifications either. Luckily, I found out & obtained the higher amount. But, other BOA's are unaware & not making enough for all they do. The BOA's put up with a lot from their FA's & are afraid to report the stuff that happens for fear of losing their job, like what happened to me. It's not fair & big lawsuit may one day happen.

Amp up your sexual harassment policies & live by them.Treat all employee's fairly & honestly on all fronts & protect them all, not just the money makers. Protect the victim's, not violate them further.Get rid of the good ole boy system. Stop with the weird company culture they force the FA's into, they don't like it & it feels like the "Stepford Wives" to them. Monitor the branch offices more, not just by an annual audit alone, because some FA's are unprofessional, doing harassing things to their staff, violating laws, micromanaging staff, preventing staff from fulfilling their job duties appropriately, not really working-just hanging out, not being in the office when they should be & a host of other things.

The Best Company to Work for or with

Current Employee - Financial Advisor  in  Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Edward Jones is a privately held company owned solely by it's employees. This allows it to make different business decisions than other companies. It is a very family friendly company who always puts the interest of the client first.

Cons

This is a very difficult business for some people. You must have a entrepreneurial spirit, be self motivated and goal oriented. Working in an autonomous environment is also difficult for some people.

Never loose the culture of this firm.

There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones

Worked for Edward Jones? Contribute to the Community!