Edward Jones offers one the opportunity to be an "owner" without the need for personal capital.

Current Employee - Financial Advisor  in  Moorefield, WV
Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Moorefield, WV

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

As an Edward Jones financial advisor, one is his/her own boss. There is the freedom to do business in a personal way as long as one remains legal, ethical, and profitable.

Financial advisors are rewarded in several ways: commission, limited partnership, trimester bonuses, profit sharing, and diversification trips. These awards are based on performance and doing the right thing for the client.

Client service excellence is held in high esteem above all else. Jones advisors pride themselves on doing what is right for each and every client.

Cons

As the firm works toward its 2020 Vision, number of financial advisors will increase significantly. Many markets will become saturated with offices in close proximity.

When choosing target areas for new offices, I feel it is necessary to look at more than the numbers. Actually sending someone to evaluate the areas being considered would make sense. I am in a very small town that has many immigrant workers who are not investors; however, they show up in the population of the town and make it appear a more investment potential area. My office is locate on the only main street halfway from each end of town. One mile in either direction and one is out of the city limits. I went to the expense of building my own office and now Jones is allowing a "Goodknight from afar" to be here.

Other Reviews for Edward Jones

New FA

Current Employee - Financial Advisor
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great support; good training, independence, unhlimited potential, great regional teamwork; everyone wants to see you succeed!

Cons

until the new FA has been granted a branch and/or a BOA the work is more challenging than someone that has a branch from the beginning. Prospects ask regularly where is your office? If you do not meet at their home, the challenge is finding a place to meet.

Keep doing what you are doing, this is a great company, no complaints. The opportunity is real, but if a plan can be in place to help new FA with potential survive while they grow their business it would be great. It is not if the opportunity is legit, it is if I am going to have enough time to build the business based on my family obligations (bill, expenses) while the business grows.

Edward Jones has given me the opportunity to make a positive impact on my clients, the community, and my family.

Current Employee - Financial Advisor  in  Belton, TX
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Belton, TX

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

At Edward Jones, Financial Advisors have the opportunity to run their own business without having to own their own business. There is a lot of autonomy, so your income is based solely on the work and effort you put forth.

Cons

There are downsides to every company, but there is not a better company in the financial services industry to work for.

There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones.

Worked for Edward Jones? Contribute to the Community!