There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones

Excellent Training at Headquarters

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Portland, OR
Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Portland, OR

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great potential for high salary

Cons

Don't see family very much

Improve communication between corporate and field

reviews filtered by

Only works in rural America

Current Employee - Broker in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Broker in New York, NY

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Hard working people will do well in the farmlands. Good reputation. Good place to invest $500 in a mutual fund if you do not have a bank broker.

Cons

Knocking on residential doors in the city or busy suburbs is ridiculous and should be banned like cold calling. No investment bank so do not expect high net worth clients. Misleading HR practices; recruiting is #1 goal, not increasing rep revenue. No leadership, no direction. Horrible training. Will hire anyone and 9 out of 10 will fail in the first year.

Stay out of the cities where you clearly can't compete and build some integrity into your hiring processes.

Branch Office Administrator's are not appreciated or valued. Corporate lies, does not keep their word. Sexual Harassment

Former Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator in Akron, OH

I worked at Edward Jones full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I loved working with clients & maintaining the branch office. When I was allowed to do my job the office thrived. Some of the people I worked with were great. The ones that are professional, hard working & know what their doing were wonderful to work with. Offices tend to be nice & well organized. They are very structured & have a great system that works well. Jones Link software is great & keeps you trained, as well as, keep you on task throughout your day/week/month.

Cons

Edward Jones hires new FA's that are inexperienced & do not know what they are doing. I was sexually harassed & because the FA brought the money to the table, not the BOA, they supported the FA. They moved me out of the office promising to handle the matter & relocate me to a safer office to work in. They never relocated me, but later told me to find my own office to work in. I found another office, but after a while they realized I was still working for them (the victim) & they made up lies & fired me. I should have sued them, but they threatened to fight me on my unemployment claim if I did. Their big in house lawyers, as well as Corporate lie & are dishonorable. Multiple times they said one thing, then turned around & did the opposite of what was agreed upon. They maintain a good ole boy system. Also, they do not fairly compensate the BOA's. Some have worked their for 10 yrs & making only $9 hr, while others come in making $14 hr. The pay is not based on qualifications either. Luckily, I found out & obtained the higher amount. But, other BOA's are unaware & not making enough for all they do. The BOA's put up with a lot from their FA's & are afraid to report the stuff that happens for fear of losing their job, like what happened to me. It's not fair & big lawsuit may one day happen.

Amp up your sexual harassment policies & live by them.Treat all employee's fairly & honestly on all fronts & protect them all, not just the money makers. Protect the victim's, not violate them further.Get rid of the good ole boy system. Stop with the weird company culture they force the FA's into, they don't like it & it feels like the "Stepford Wives" to them. Monitor the branch offices more, not just by an annual audit alone, because some FA's are unprofessional, doing harassing things to their staff, violating laws, micromanaging staff, preventing staff from fulfilling their job duties appropriately, not really working-just hanging out, not being in the office when they should be & a host of other things.

There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones