Edward Jones

www.edwardjones.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones

They pay you exactly what your worth, but some people can't live on that.

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Charleston, SC
Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Be legal, ethical, and profitable and you call the shots. You have your own office with a dedicated BOA to help you build your business. This is not a paycheck, it's a career. Those that treat it like a paycheck will fail. For those that don't like knocking on doors, where do you expect your clients to come from? In this world, nothing happens until someone sells something. Door to door is the cheapest form of advertising. I've seen so many people fail because they don't see the big picture. Your income goes up exponentially in this business. You have clients, they send you referrals and their money grows so you make more as well. No other place are you going to get a 20% raise each year. But with some hard work that's very easy here. The travel is unbelievable, I spend 5 or 6 weeks a year traveling to places I never thought I would see. Jones pays for the airfare and typically 5 star resort for a week, and my family usually extends or does a layover someplace on the way to or back. This is earned twice a year. And partnership. I own the firm. All I know is, if I would have quit early on, I would have a JOB I hated, not doing as well as I am. And lastly, it's Jones motto to leave each community better than we found it. I feel I've done that.

Cons

Health care cost. Most don't understand that we're a partnership and each office is a profit center. My healthcare cost is paid by me 100% from the revenue of my office in one form or fashion. It's the same thing if you own a small business.

Keep the culture as we grow.

976 Other Employee Reviews for Edward Jones (View Most Recent)

ok for starters

I have been working at Edward Jones

Pros

good culture and work life balance.

Cons

The professional dress code is outdated.

change the dress code, if you are not client facing then you should be able to dress business casual

A great experience!

Current Intern - Intern
    Current Intern - Intern

I have been working at Edward Jones as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

The company gives all employees a great level of support. They really care about each employee and are always working hard to improve their systems and communications. Edward Jones also has an excellent culture and truly is a unique place to work.

Cons

You really need a sales personality for certain positions in order to succeed. If you don't like sales, the FA position is not for you. Also, since each branch is like its own business, there can be immense pressure for FAs to succeed quickly.

The management for this firm is phenomenal! The company is very well organized and always looking for ways to improve.

There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones