Edward Jones

www.edwardjones.com

Amazing company, great pay, work-life balance that can't be beat

Current Employee - Financial Advisor
Current Employee - Financial Advisor

Pros

Edward Jones cares about its employees. As a financial advisor, I run my own office, manage my own assistant, and am highly paid. I'm 27 years old, and have been an advisor for over five years. I would never consider leaving this company.

Cons

You have to work hard, especially in your first five years. You get out of it what you put into it. Those who don't put much into it fail quickly. Don't come to this company if you don't want to make a career out of this business.

Other reviews for Edward Jones

They pay you exactly what your worth, but some people can't live on that.

Current Employee - Financial Advisor  in  Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Charleston, SC

Pros

Be legal, ethical, and profitable and you call the shots. You have your own office with a dedicated BOA to help you build your business. This is not a paycheck, it's a career. Those that treat it like a paycheck will fail. For those that don't like knocking on doors, where do you expect your clients to come from? In this world, nothing happens until someone sells something. Door to door is the cheapest form of advertising. I've seen so many people fail because they don't see the big picture. Your income goes up exponentially in this business. You have clients, they send you referrals and their money grows so you make more as well. No other place are you going to get a 20% raise each year. But with some hard work that's very easy here. The travel is unbelievable, I spend 5 or 6 weeks a year traveling to places I never thought I would see. Jones pays for the airfare and typically 5 star resort for a week, and my family usually extends or does a layover someplace on the way to or back. This is earned twice a year. And partnership. I own the firm. All I know is, if I would have quit early on, I would have a JOB I hated, not doing as well as I am. And lastly, it's Jones motto to leave each community better than we found it. I feel I've done that.

Cons

Health care cost. Most don't understand that we're a partnership and each office is a profit center. My healthcare cost is paid by me 100% from the revenue of my office in one form or fashion. It's the same thing if you own a small business.

Keep the culture as we grow.

It's a great company if you want to make it a career.

Former Employee - Business Analyst  in  Maryland Heights, MO
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Maryland Heights, MO

Pros

Work schedule was great and the training was excellent. They paid for my masters degree.

Cons

Caste system between GP's and everyone else.

Management was great. But the GP's should keep their BMW's at home if they are going to run with the idea the company has no money for employee bonus.

There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones.

Worked for Edward Jones? Contribute to the Community!