Unlimited Income Potential with Flexible Schedule

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Lynchburg, VA
Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Lynchburg, VA

I worked at Edward Jones

Pros

Edward Jones is an incredible opportunity for people that are self driven and motivated. There is unlimited earning potential with a schedule that you set yourself. No need for time off requests or vacation days. You work... you get paid, well.

Cons

If you are not disciplined, this is not the job for you. You are responsible for all goals and production. It is 100% commission, fee, and bonus based. This can be very stressful when things are slow.

Advice to Management

Continue to improve how FA's get started in the business. Starting with $0 under management is very stressful and discouraging. It is a motivator, but it can break you early on.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great place to work!

Current Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator
    Current Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator

I have been working at Edward Jones

Pros

EDJ has the most innovative tools at hand and great training for new BOA's. I have a gret FA and she lets me handle as much of the business side of things as possible. I have truly enjoyed working for Edward Jones.

Cons

Getting started can be quite overwhelming. You must be patient with others and yourself in order to succeed. It takes at least a month to make the job feel like your own.

Advice to Management

I feel that management is on the right track. They do not micro-manage, they let you take the lead and go with it. To me they are doing a fine job.

2. It could be the perfect career if your personality is the right match

I have been working at Edward Jones

Pros

ownership, your business, your way flexibility, create your own schedule your personal office, your personal assistant great satisfaction from relationship built with clients

Cons

doorknocking is not very fun sometimes you just don't feel like being social all the time it is a commission based job, the pressure is high

Advice to Management

none, you manage yourself