There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones

Awesome Company but not for everyone

Former Employee - Financial Advisor Intern
Former Employee - Financial Advisor Intern

I worked at Edward Jones as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Excellent relationship with clients
Dedicated advisors
Great training program
Advisors with years of experience that exceeds expectations have great perks not only compensation but also exotic vacations

Cons

Door to door is not a great ideal if you're a minority race. You'll have to work twice as hard as new advisors in the rain, sleet, and snow. I'll rather work smarter than passing out from a heat stroke.
Boring environment
This business structure seems to work best in smaller cities and towns

882 Other Employee Reviews for Edward Jones (View Most Recent)

Great for breaking into the Industry.

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time

Pros

Will push you to get all of our FINRA licenses. You will learn alot about the industry. The products are top notch.

Cons

Pay is low unless you are an FA. Not alot of upward movement unless you play the games.

Promote from within.

If you're a hard working, self starter, this is the place for you.

Current Employee - Financial Advisor
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Been with the firm for about 13 years. Last year earned about $200k, I'm a limited partner and typically earn two company paid vacations per year. I earn trimester bonuses and profit sharing each year. There's no ceiling on my earnings and I make my own schedule. Our firm makes a huge effort to hire women and minorities. I believe the firm really cares about their employees; offers a complete benefits package. Home office support is normally great. I'm free to run my office the way I want as long as I'm legal, ethical and profitable.

New advisors are paid salary + commissions/bonuses over their first three years with additional bonus opportunities over the 3-6 year period.

Cons

Commission sales isn't for everyone, and if you're lazy or feel entitled, don't apply. It took a lot of work when I started -- 12-15 hr days. If it were easy, everyone would be doing it.

Our business model (only one advisor in each office) isn't particularly cost effective. That said, I like the idea that I control my office & expenses.

Continue to foster the "Jones" culture. I trust our leadership.

There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones

Worked for Edward Jones? Contribute to the Community!