Edward Jones

www.edwardjones.com
  www.edwardjones.com
There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones

Always do what is in the client's best interest

Former Employee - Financial Advisor
Former Employee - Financial Advisor

I worked at Edward Jones full-time

Pros

Great culture, everyone helps everyone else to succeed, great on going training and very friendly.

Cons

Very difficult to succeed as a new FA. Starting from scratch with zero assets will take a lot of energy, great sales techniques, confidence and a lot of perseverance and it helps to have a fair amount of savings to get you through the sparse months.

Find a way to spread out the available assets to all the new FA's rather than just giving them to a few.

926 Other Employee Reviews for Edward Jones (View Most Recent)

Great people / complex politics.

Former Employee - Senior Program Analyst in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Senior Program Analyst in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Edward Jones full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Many of the folks that work there are brilliant. The company does an outstanding job of espousing it's culture as the best of breed / lean corporatocracy , and that shows in the success many of my colleagues have found there through out the years. They offer competitive bonuses for high (salaried) performers throughout all divisions and departments. Some of the very best mid-manager and directors I have worked with are here (I'm in year 14 of my profession).

I love that the leaders are very hands on and keen to make themselves aware challanges and set-backs. By channeling this upstream, you get a bit of reprieve from the sometimes aggressive 'tug-of-war' that takes place between projects.

Cons

Their self-promotion culture is a bit obnoxious, and the pay is well below standard levels - at first. Their corporate comfort can suck you in, while the political climate can get a little thick times - expect lots of 'red tape'. They're a very 'basics' company in many respects - deriving their ethics and attitude from 'Main' street rather than Wall street. which is not a bad thing per say, but may prove a bit stifling if you're expecting to press on with avant-garde or non-traditional practices.

Averse to finding out what the troops (in IS) are pining for? None of my co-workers want to sound needy, but they Do understand that many folks are feeling over-burdened or arbitrarily 'pulled in many directions'. While their jobs are valued, morale worsens because this increase in pressure then comes to resemble a heavy footed penalty for the (decidedly nice) relationship that employees have with the company.
    Try to pry a little more with the individual effort contributors and see what everyone is saying - there is unison in their voice.

Great place to intern, would like more intern interaction though

I worked at Edward Jones as an intern

Pros

great pay, learned a lot about the financial advisor position, and investments in general

Cons

not a lot of interaction with other interns,

There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones