Edward Jones

www.edwardjones.com

Great training!

Current Employee - Financial Advisor

Pros

Everything is taking care of by the firm. You get to focus strictly on adding and helping clients. If you follow the model it works.

Cons

Realistically takes 3 years to build a good client base. It's a long three years while working a ton of hours.

New hires, especially new to the business, should be given a more realistic picture on how many years you must be patient to build a successful office.

Other reviews for Edward Jones

There is no better company to start your career and retire from

Current Employee - Financial Advisor  in  Burlingame, KS
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Burlingame, KS

Pros

Great company culture, very supportive especially with people who start in this industry ( offers a salary and bonuses for the first three years. EJ is the only company that offers a salary for that long). There is a great culture of " paying forward" .

Cons

Requires very hard work and extensive hours in the first couple if years ( normal in this industry)

The Goodnight programs need some revision. Veterans get rid of their small accounts without clients' permission. In the long run that's going to hurt us.

You are your own boss

Current Employee - Financial Advisor

Pros

This job is not for everyone, but if you can handle rejection, ( I'm married so it's easy) and like financial products this job is second to non. You have the ability to help families with their retirement and become their trusted advisor. The relationships you have with your clients are better than the paycheck.

Edward Jones is a great company and everyone is so helpful. They want you to succeed.

I've worked in banking and accounting for 14 years and my current pay is 30% better than my salary. The harder/smarter I work, the more I get paid. Who complains about this? If you want a larger check work harder!

Cons

This job is very addicting, so I have to be careful not to neglect my family. Because you set the hours, you need to discipline, but this is true freedom!

Be more selective in hiring. Some new hires don't think this is a "sales" job.

There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones.

Worked for Edward Jones? Contribute to the Community!