Edward Jones

www.edwardjones.com
There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones

Great training!

Current Employee - Financial Advisor

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Everything is taking care of by the firm. You get to focus strictly on adding and helping clients. If you follow the model it works.

Cons

Realistically takes 3 years to build a good client base. It's a long three years while working a ton of hours.

New hires, especially new to the business, should be given a more realistic picture on how many years you must be patient to build a successful office.

925 Other Employee Reviews for Edward Jones (View Most Recent)

Great company with a lot of great people!

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Maryland Heights, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Maryland Heights, MO

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Very flexible work environment with ability to work from home. The associates know their objectives and are empowered to reach them.

Cons

Pay is not as high as other competitors in the industry.

It is important to hire external talent but they need to continue to promote from within as well.

You are your own boss

Current Employee - Financial Advisor

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This job is not for everyone, but if you can handle rejection, ( I'm married so it's easy) and like financial products this job is second to non. You have the ability to help families with their retirement and become their trusted advisor. The relationships you have with your clients are better than the paycheck.

Edward Jones is a great company and everyone is so helpful. They want you to succeed.

I've worked in banking and accounting for 14 years and my current pay is 30% better than my salary. The harder/smarter I work, the more I get paid. Who complains about this? If you want a larger check work harder!

Cons

This job is very addicting, so I have to be careful not to neglect my family. Because you set the hours, you need to discipline, but this is true freedom!

Be more selective in hiring. Some new hires don't think this is a "sales" job.

There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones