Edward Jones

www.edwardjones.com
There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones

Be a better applicant and know what positions for which you are a good fit.

Current Employee - Financial Advisor
Current Employee - Financial Advisor

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I can not thank Edward Jones enough for the blessings that I have received for my family thu this wonderful firm. GREAT CAREER. GREAT COMP. GREAT CLIENTS.

Cons

THE POOR APPLICANTS (WHO MANY OF WHICH YOU CAN FIND ON THIS SITE WHO NO LONGER WORK AT EDJ)
EDWARD JONES IS A GREAT COMPANY THAT INVESTS IN THE SUCCESS OF EVERY EMPLOYEE. It amazes me to see folks who come to work for EJ and receive the best training in the INDUSTRY and then don't do their part. Then guess where they end up? Writing a negative review on glassdoor. The partnership pays over 100k for each employee to be trained and put on the path to profitability. If YOU are NOT WILLING to WORK HARD, save the partners the cost of training you and save virtually everyone at the firm their portion of the profit sharing that would have been more if it wasnt for the fact that you didnt do enough honest SELF-EVALUATION on the job you wanted to have.

That being said, please don't apply for EDWARD JONES, if you aren't willing to do the work to become very successful. (oh and by the way, no other firm wants you either; go to the top of this page and search in a different industry please. There is no way around the hard work to become successful)

GREAT MANAGEMENT BOTH REGIONAL AND CORPORATE.

951 Other Employee Reviews for Edward Jones (View Most Recent)

Like being in a wine press

Former Employee - Financial Advisor
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor

I worked at Edward Jones full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Get to work with really great clients. Meet people and get to help them understand more about their finances. Get to help them plan and save for all of their future financial needs.

Cons

Constantly under pressure to generate commissions and add clients. Milestones in my region were significantly higher then the corporate ones. The trainer I had was busy trying to build his own client base and had little time for training. Not a lot of interaction with other people in the company. Most of the time you are by yourself. Leadership team was the typical "A" type, over the top personalities and the expectations was everyone should be like them.

Edward Jones is a great company with a long and respected history. The company is drifting away for the basic fundamental principals that make it an attractive place to work. Right now it feels like a place where you are being pressed to the limit every day. Like your trying to make people quit.

Positive

Former Employee - Operations Specialist in Chandler, AZ
    Former Employee - Operations Specialist in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Edward Jones full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of room to grow and move upward.

Cons

Daily grind, and lots of employees make being seen hard.

Give back more to the workers.

There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones