There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones

There is no better company to start your career and retire from

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Burlingame, KS
Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Burlingame, KS

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great company culture, very supportive especially with people who start in this industry ( offers a salary and bonuses for the first three years. EJ is the only company that offers a salary for that long). There is a great culture of " paying forward" .

Cons

Requires very hard work and extensive hours in the first couple if years ( normal in this industry)

The Goodnight programs need some revision. Veterans get rid of their small accounts without clients' permission. In the long run that's going to hurt us.

899 Other Employee Reviews for Edward Jones (View Most Recent)

You are your own boss

Current Employee - Financial Advisor
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This job is not for everyone, but if you can handle rejection, ( I'm married so it's easy) and like financial products this job is second to non. You have the ability to help families with their retirement and become their trusted advisor. The relationships you have with your clients are better than the paycheck.

Edward Jones is a great company and everyone is so helpful. They want you to succeed.

I've worked in banking and accounting for 14 years and my current pay is 30% better than my salary. The harder/smarter I work, the more I get paid. Who complains about this? If you want a larger check work harder!

Cons

This job is very addicting, so I have to be careful not to neglect my family. Because you set the hours, you need to discipline, but this is true freedom!

Be more selective in hiring. Some new hires don't think this is a "sales" job.

ed jones

I have been working at Edward Jones

Pros

really good pay and opportunity

Cons

the people are not very friendly

There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones