Edward Jones

There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones

You are your own boss

Current Employee - Financial Advisor
Current Employee - Financial Advisor

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This job is not for everyone, but if you can handle rejection, ( I'm married so it's easy) and like financial products this job is second to non. You have the ability to help families with their retirement and become their trusted advisor. The relationships you have with your clients are better than the paycheck.

Edward Jones is a great company and everyone is so helpful. They want you to succeed.

I've worked in banking and accounting for 14 years and my current pay is 30% better than my salary. The harder/smarter I work, the more I get paid. Who complains about this? If you want a larger check work harder!

Cons

This job is very addicting, so I have to be careful not to neglect my family. Because you set the hours, you need to discipline, but this is true freedom!

Be more selective in hiring. Some new hires don't think this is a "sales" job.

950 Other Employee Reviews for Edward Jones (View Most Recent)

Great company with a lot of great people!

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Maryland Heights, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Maryland Heights, MO

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Very flexible work environment with ability to work from home. The associates know their objectives and are empowered to reach them.

Cons

Pay is not as high as other competitors in the industry.

It is important to hire external talent but they need to continue to promote from within as well.

Archaic business practice with an unsophisticated value added

Former Employee - Financial Advisor
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor

I worked at Edward Jones full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Bottom drawer sales training
    Develops people skills
    Some financial product exposure

Cons

Slimey,controlling peers
    Terrible heath benefits
    Poor Technology
    Sophomoric approach to business development
    Meager pay first few years

Do not start as a new-new. It is a revolving door and a way to for established advisors to gain assets when the new broker dies on the vine. Jones's 20/20 vision ( They want to ramp up to 20,000 advisors by 2020) has them cramming advisors on top of each other in small towns. Being the catfish of the financial industry already, this initiative is hurting advisors cash flow. I traversed neighborhoods that have been recently prospected by 3 different Jones guys.

There is a lot of propaganda out there: Jones being a top 10 place to work...I want to know who Fortune is talking to; most likely home office weenies or advisors who inherited $15 mil plus. I was with Jones almost a year and a half and didn't see one new-new survive from my region.

There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones