Great Culture

Current Employee - Service Specialist in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Service Specialist in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people and great culture. They work hard to make everyone feel part of the team. They also rarely have to do lay-offs, which some of their competitors can't say for themselves.

Cons

The healthcare benefits are expensive. But this may be more of a comment on the industry standard rather than EJ themselves.

Advice to Management

Work on the quality of middle tier leadership.

Other Employee Reviews for Edward Jones

Archaic business practice with an unsophisticated value added

Former Employee - Financial Advisor
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor

I worked at Edward Jones full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bottom drawer sales training Develops people skills Some financial product exposure

Cons

Slimey,controlling peers Terrible heath benefits Poor Technology Sophomoric approach to business development Meager pay first few years Do not start as a new-new. It is a revolving door and a way to for established advisors to gain assets when the new broker dies on the vine. Jones's 20/20 vision ( They want to ramp up to 20,000 advisors by 2020) has them cramming advisors on top of each other in small towns. Being the catfish of the financial industry already, this initiative is hurting advisors cash flow. I traversed neighborhoods that have been recently prospected by 3 different Jones guys. There is a lot of propaganda out there: Jones being a top 10 place to work...I want to know who Fortune is talking to; most likely home office weenies or advisors who inherited $15 mil plus. I was with Jones almost a year and a half and didn't see one new-new survive from my region.

2. Great Place to start your career

Pros

Independent, great company to work for

Cons

commission based, hard to get your business started