Edward Jones

www.edwardjones.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones

Great opportunity to be your own boss.

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Denver, CO

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

A perfect blend of business independence and excellent back office support gives financial advisors the ability to build a successful business serving investors.

Cons

New advisors receive a modicum of sales training and very little technical training. Investors are well advised to work with advisors that have been out for a few years.

Consider implementing a process that gives clients the choice of an experienced advisor if/when their FA leaves Edward Jones. This will help build brand loyalty and emphasize the client experience over individual branch location profitability. This may be a better growth strategy than cycling clients through repeated inexperienced FAs.

976 Other Employee Reviews for Edward Jones (View Most Recent)

I learned a lot about prospecting

I worked at Edward Jones

Pros

Good culture, all the experienced advisors try to help the new people as much as they can. You can get lots of support when you have questions too

Cons

The landscape of building a business is so different from 15 or 20 yrs ago as it is today. Need to get new advisors with access to clients who have money faster

The way to retain people is not to have them under constant threat of termination.

Great support and nice people

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time

Pros

Good benefits, 401k pretax and Roth available, profit sharing and you are immediately 100% vested. Home office is only a phone call away and their support and courtesy is amazing. Received support from home office when I had a difficult office situation. I now work with a very nice financial advisor and we get a long well. There is a lot of training modules on line so you can learn about services that your particular office does a lot of, ie, insurance, estate planning and a great variety of other services.

Cons

Edward Jones promotes the 2 office team and both the FA & BOA are encouraged to build the business. The boa wears so many hats it is difficult to master everything. The job can be quite stressful sometimes. I do not think we are fairly compensated especially in comparison to what the "team" accomplished but the financial advisor receives the perks. Compensation can vary greatly between boas depending on the profitability of that particular office so the pay is unequal even in your own region.

The financial advisor is the money maker and should be compensated as such but he could not perform his duties and make the contacts and bring in new business or service the branch existing business without his partner. If you want the BOA to be a partner you should value them as such. I have been with this company for 7 years and think very highly of them. However, I am currently looking at a company where I have been offered a higher salary, profit sharing and more opportunity for advancement. I don't want to leave Edward Jones but I am feeling undervalued and in a sense duped into thinking that I am a real member of a team.

There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones