Edward Jones

www.edwardjones.com

Great support and nice people

ProsGood benefits, 401k pretax and Roth available, profit sharing and you are immediately 100% vested. Home office is only a phone call away and their support and courtesy is amazing. Received support from home office when I had a difficult office situation. I now work with a very nice financial advisor and we get a long well. There is a lot of training modules on line so you can learn about services that your particular office does a lot of, ie, insurance, estate planning and a great variety of other services.

ConsEdward Jones promotes the 2 office team and both the FA & BOA are encouraged to build the business. The boa wears so many hats it is difficult to master everything. The job can be quite stressful sometimes. I do not think we are fairly compensated especially in comparison to what the "team" accomplished but the financial advisor receives the perks. Compensation can vary greatly between boas depending on the profitability of that particular office so the pay is unequal even in your own region.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe financial advisor is the money maker and should be compensated as such but he could not perform his duties and make the contacts and bring in new business or service the branch existing business without his partner. If you want the BOA to be a partner you should value them as such. I have been with this company for 7 years and think very highly of them. However, I am currently looking at a company where I have been offered a higher salary, profit sharing and more opportunity for advancement. I don't want to leave Edward Jones but I am feeling undervalued and in a sense duped into thinking that I am a real member of a team.

BOA REVIEW

BOA Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at Edward Jones full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: The BOA's are a great group of women. Cons: You and the Broker have to get along. Advice to Senior Management: Give the BOA's support. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Place to start your career

I have been working at Edward Jones

Pros: Independent, great company to work for Cons: commission based, hard to get your business started More
There are newer reviews on Edward Jones.

Worked for Edward Jones? Contribute to the Community!