Edward Jones

www.edwardjones.com

Archaic business practice with an unsophisticated value added

Financial Advisor (Former Employee)

ProsBottom drawer sales training
Develops people skills
Some financial product exposure

ConsSlimey,controlling peers
Terrible heath benefits
Poor Technology
Sophomoric approach to business development
Meager pay first few years

Do not start as a new-new. It is a revolving door and a way to for established advisors to gain assets when the new broker dies on the vine. Jones's 20/20 vision ( They want to ramp up to 20,000 advisors by 2020) has them cramming advisors on top of each other in small towns. Being the catfish of the financial industry already, this initiative is hurting advisors cash flow. I traversed neighborhoods that have been recently prospected by 3 different Jones guys.

There is a lot of propaganda out there: Jones being a top 10 place to work...I want to know who Fortune is talking to; most likely home office weenies or advisors who inherited $15 mil plus. I was with Jones almost a year and a half and didn't see one new-new survive from my region.

ed jones

I have been working at Edward Jones

Pros: really good pay and opportunity Cons: the people are not very friendly More

Very well supported and yet autonomous at the same time. I am trusted and respected and allowed to build my business as

Financial Advisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The financial and professional support to build your own successful… Cons: If you cannot self manage, this is not the job for you.… Advice to Senior Management: My advice to management is to stay the course. Perhaps create some management structure to help those… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Edward Jones.

Worked for Edward Jones? Contribute to the Community!