Your Million Dollar Opportunity

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Colorado Springs, CO
Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Edward Jones

Pros

If you do the work you will be successful n this job.

Cons

There is tremendous mental pressure for you to succeed. You need to have prior experience as an entrepreneur and accept the fac tthat you will face multiple counts of rejection as you seek to build your business.

Advice to Management

Don't let up on the training program and continue to support the new FA trainees as well as the vets.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. We're on the Fortune List for a reason!

Current Employee - Trainer in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Trainer in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Edward Jones

Pros

- Strong culture and a high respect for the firm's history - Jones gives a LOT back to the community - Positive work environment - Good coworkers - Sr. management encourages feedback from all associates - Limited partner opportunities I do not work at EJ to get rich. I work there because I like my job and enjoy the environment. Do I wish I made more money? Sure, who doesn't? I won't leave EJ because there is so much more to my career than dollar signs. I am encouraged to develop and offered opportunities to excel in many different areas. And to anyone who thinks "the same branches at Jones are surveyed every year for the Fortune list," you are dead wrong.

Cons

- The financial advisor position is extremely hard and very stressful, and unfortunately many people out there can't cut it (this is a pro AND a con, though) - Home office salaries could be more competitive - 401(k) match could be higher

Advice to Management

- Glad to see SFA is back again - it shows you're listening to us! - Let's get going on the technology upgrades - green screens STILL?

2. do not expect any support from your field trainer

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Edward Jones

Pros

great training program. home office is very supportive,and knowledgable great series 7,and 66 study program. get the training and then work for a real firm with real leads

Cons

door to door stock broker,ah yea people just wont trust you these days. local support is allmost non exsistant. you will work your behind off for less than min wage. the truth is if you do not get a goodnight or legacy your chance for survival is less than 10%.

Advice to Management

provide a book of business or an additional lead source to keep a new fa's head in the game. I dont disaggree with door knocking, however in this day in age it cant be the only source.