Edwards Lifesciences

www.edwards.com

Be aware of Management & useless HR

Mfg Engineer (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsGreat location, nice facilities, close to everything, great HV products (though facing tough competitions now), many great engineers, technicians & operators still work here with great personalities. I learned so much in my short years there & now have a blossoming career with knowlege & technologies I gained. I can't thank Edwards enough.

ConsHorrible traffic, too political in promotion/ reward, too many management levels (you can be as deep at 7 levels under CEO Mike Mussalem & can have 3 ppl with the same level reporting to each others). Tough to get anything done here. The old-timers protect their retirement benefits, stocks & didn't want to approve anything creative.

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce politics should be # 1 priority. Edwards has lost so many valuable employees that eventually it will cost them far more to replace. Just like the goverment, they rewarded failures & punished successes. Mike M. is a great CEO. As low-level as me, he frequently said hi to me whenver he saw me on campus. All I did was joking at him once & he remembered me. That made my day. His problem is he listened to the bullies from his senior mgmt that have been slowly hired to run campus since 2009 or so. They have done NOTHING to improve Edwards technical position except to force bogus numbers to justify their bonuses.

Modern day Tower of Babel - it's a wonder Critical Care Div. ever gets anything done

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

I have been working at Edwards Lifesciences

Pros: This stuff really does save people's lives Great pay and benefits Most… Cons: politics, politics, politics nobody's got your back so decisions are made for personal rather than overall… Advice to Senior Management: critcal care is constantly pushing people out the door to bring new ones in. It hasn't worked, doesn't work, will… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great learning experience

Regulatory Affairs (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

I worked at Edwards Lifesciences

Pros: Great culture, extremely friendly co-workers. Well staffed, adequate tools and resources to complete tasks. For the… Cons: Blatant favoritism and difficult to get promotions. Difficult to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Edwards Lifesciences.

Worked for Edwards Lifesciences? Contribute to the Community!