Be aware of Management & useless HR

Former Employee - Mfg Engineer in Irvine, CA
Former Employee - Mfg Engineer in Irvine, CA

Pros

Great location, nice facilities, close to everything, great HV products (though facing tough competitions now), many great engineers, technicians & operators still work here with great personalities. I learned so much in my short years there & now have a blossoming career with knowlege & technologies I gained. I can't thank Edwards enough.

Cons

Horrible traffic, too political in promotion/ reward, too many management levels (you can be as deep at 7 levels under CEO Mike Mussalem & can have 3 ppl with the same level reporting to each others). Tough to get anything done here. The old-timers protect their retirement benefits, stocks & didn't want to approve anything creative.

Advice to Management

Reduce politics should be # 1 priority. Edwards has lost so many valuable employees that eventually it will cost them far more to replace. Just like the goverment, they rewarded failures & punished successes. Mike M. is a great CEO. As low-level as me, he frequently said hi to me whenver he saw me on campus. All I did was joking at him once & he remembered me. That made my day. His problem is he listened to the bullies from his senior mgmt that have been slowly hired to run campus since 2009 or so. They have done NOTHING to improve Edwards technical position except to force bogus numbers to justify their bonuses.

Other Employee Reviews for Edwards Lifesciences

Great learning experience

Former Employee - Regulatory Affairs in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Regulatory Affairs in Irvine, CA

Pros

Great culture, extremely friendly co-workers. Well staffed, adequate tools and resources to complete tasks. For the most part, documents and files are extremely organized making assignments easier to complete. Cafeteria onsite was extremely convenient.

Cons

Blatant favoritism and difficult to get promotions. Difficult to get opportunities if you don't already have the experience.

Politics

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Pros

I really like the products. There are some really good people.

Cons

It is very political with some people much more supported. People have learned that any information given from below a VP may be overridden. Lots of scape-coating by management blaming the middle levels. Information is not shared so it seems random even if it should not have been a surprise.

Advice to Management

Talk to your people. Support them and let them do their jobs.