There are newer employer reviews for Edwards Lifesciences

The layoffs at the end of each year are extremely demoralizing, and negatively affect all else.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Irvine, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Edwards Lifesciences

Pros

Income level is decent
Some talented people at mid-level positions
Autonomy

Cons

Layoffs around Christmastime - even for high performers - Happy Holidays!
Extremely top heavy in senior management
Sr. Mgmt fits the cliche: "it's not what you know, it's who you know."
Sr. Mgmt makes way too much money - they are not worth it - no one is worth what CEO and others earn.
Politics is much too excessive.
Strong performance is not rewarded.
Management in HVT is arrogant

Stop laying off people who perform. Donate some of your excessive pay and stocks to keep families whole, especially around the holidays. If any layoffs occur, they should be at the very top of the organization.

117 Other Employee Reviews for Edwards Lifesciences (View Most Recent)

Great learning experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at Edwards Lifesciences

Pros

- Smart people, most of whom are genuinely concerned about patients
    - Great location
    - High value brand: Edwards is selling the biggest blockbuster since the stent

Cons

- No real employee development or advancements
    - Culture clash between veteran "staffers" and FNGs
    - Culture clash between "haves" (THV) and "have-nots" (Critical Care)

Don't cheat in the way you calculate attrition to make it look like it's below 5%. It's not.

Be aware of Management & useless HR

Former Employee - Mfg Engineer  in  Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Mfg Engineer in Irvine, CA

I worked at Edwards Lifesciences

Pros

Great location, nice facilities, close to everything, great HV products (though facing tough competitions now), many great engineers, technicians & operators still work here with great personalities. I learned so much in my short years there & now have a blossoming career with knowlege & technologies I gained. I can't thank Edwards enough.

Cons

Horrible traffic, too political in promotion/ reward, too many management levels (you can be as deep at 7 levels under CEO Mike Mussalem & can have 3 ppl with the same level reporting to each others). Tough to get anything done here. The old-timers protect their retirement benefits, stocks & didn't want to approve anything creative.

Reduce politics should be # 1 priority. Edwards has lost so many valuable employees that eventually it will cost them far more to replace. Just like the goverment, they rewarded failures & punished successes. Mike M. is a great CEO. As low-level as me, he frequently said hi to me whenver he saw me on campus. All I did was joking at him once & he remembered me. That made my day. His problem is he listened to the bullies from his senior mgmt that have been slowly hired to run campus since 2009 or so. They have done NOTHING to improve Edwards technical position except to force bogus numbers to justify their bonuses.

There are newer employer reviews for Edwards Lifesciences

Worked for Edwards Lifesciences? Contribute to the Community!