Edwards Lifesciences

www.edwards.com

Great company, but room for improvement

Prosgreat product and company---with so many different career paths to follow; the campus offers amenities such as on site cafe, workout facility, bb court; there are lots of fabulous people you will encounter on a daily basis.

Consculture is very political; general consensus with colleagues is the right person or good fit for a position is overlooked, told not to apply, etc. and the person hired/promoted comes onboard ultimately to satisfy "political needs"

driven highly by formal education, not competencies, almost to a fault; employees hired as early as 2 years back and are in current demanding roles (including directors, mgmt., etc.), exceeding expectations, would not be hired based on Edwards' standard today. These employees are in a "no room to grow" situation unless they gain a higher degree. As such, Edwards' is losing valuable employees as they have been demoralized. .

Advice to Senior Managementtake all backgrounds into consideration and do not undervalue those with strong skills and competencies to do the job---and have been excelling at the job.

look at the culture and the message you are sending to those in the workplace; basically, practice our "core competencies".

ehhh?

Director (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

I worked at Edwards Lifesciences full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great CEO and well managed overall. Cons: Critical Care Business unit is poorly managed and needs a new leader. Lots… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Best place I have ever worked

Management (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

I have been working at Edwards Lifesciences full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Leadership really cares about patients. Long term thinkers, senior management has been in place and doesn't rotate so you are not… Cons: You have to be committed which often means long hours. … Advice to Senior Management: Stay the course, keep the culture while the company grows. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Edwards Lifesciences.

Worked for Edwards Lifesciences? Contribute to the Community!