There are newer employer reviews for Edwards Lifesciences

Good company but with a few problems

Current Employee - Material Handler in Draper, UT
Current Employee - Material Handler in Draper, UT

I have been working at Edwards Lifesciences full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Steady work, great benefits, good pay, and good work environment.

Cons

Before you can be employed at Edwards Lifesciences you have to go through a temp agency called Ultimate Staffing for at least 6-7 months, which was a real pain. There's also a problem with other departments holding up production by getting things messed up or not having components done on time so we get tied up a bit. And it feels like little growing room, we only get raises once a year and there's not really an upper position for my department.

Advice to Management

Talk to your managers and make sure they're in control of they're team and making they're quota so the rest of the company doesn't have to stop because of one departments screw ups.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great company overall, unfortunately my particular manager wasn't the most encouraging early in my career.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at Edwards Lifesciences full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful atmosphere and great head of IT--always good work coming out of that department.

Cons

In my particular position, I didn't get enough cross-training or interaction with other departments. Was mostly just me and my manager for day-to-day work. Was a bit behind on website technology while I was there, but this was changing with the new director of IT around the time I left.

Good company but very cloudy future ahead

I worked at Edwards Lifesciences full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent salary & bonus share. Products are proven though nothing new will come out any time soon

Cons

No retirement pension. Bonus have been going down. Many competitors are catching up (BSX, MDT, STJ) & producing better products & more reliable. Criticare BU is in trouble with way too many competitors out there. Unless you are in "circle of buddies", you have slim or no chance for promotion at this place. Ppl been there a long time will never leave & abuse the systems.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. I already got all my profits the last 5 yrs & ran.